Saturday, February 28, 2009
Friday, February 27, 2009
Your mom DOESN'T decide to photograph you and make you suffer ON the table you weren't supposed to be on in the first place.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
7) This is one of the cute bags that's for sale at the Short Arm Cafe. They had others, different sizes, shapes and colors. They were all very cool.
8) This is some of the artwork in the cafe. It is also an Internet cafe. It was just a fabulous place to be. Mom said she would be a regular if it was closer to her.
9) This is some of the fabric at the cafe. Mom and Auntie did a lot of squeeing. (I know, hard to believe, huh?)10) This was mom's Christmas gift to Auntie. A day of quilt shop hopping.
11) Auntie drove.
12) Auntie paid for lunch.
13) Auntie bought all the fabric, and gave mom some. Check out mom's haul. (the last two rows, hee hee)
I think mom made out like a bandit, don't you?
Tomorrow I will tell you about the fourth quilt shop, PlusOne's ski adventure, and yes, Lucky did shift positions and nearly fell off the sofa. Mom caught her. Great save, mom!
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Actually, mom wasn't a total sloth today. She did laundry, cleaned up one of her work benches, snow blowed dad's driveway, shoveled her driveway and made sugar cookies and dinner. Then did the dishes. Lucky and I still count this as a "relaxing" day, because we did sit on mom for a good part of it.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Sunday, February 22, 2009
One of the things mom, dad and PlusOne like to do, is watch Top Gear. If you have never watched it, it is a British car show with three hysterically funny co-hosters. The latest episode mom, dad, PlusOne and Mr. Karate watched, was the three of them trying to drive 18 wheelers. Now, none of them have ever done that before. Well, let's just say that the four of them were laughing so hard they were crying. Mom was having a hard time breathing she was laughing so hard, and they all agree it was one of the funniest things they have ever seen.
Mom is going to try and embed the video. She is not sure if it will work. If it doesn't here is the link. If you want a good laugh, watch it.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
Today is a great day. And chiropractor's are great as well! Mom slipped and fell on the ice Tuesday night. She landed on her right butt and elbow. She didn't feel too bad, just mad she fell. Wednesday, she didn't know what she did, but all of a sudden her right shoulder was killing her. When she went home, she had a lump on top of her shoulder. And the lump hurt if you pressed it.
This reminds mom of me. So she posted it.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
The "rules" for this award and meme are as follows:"When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows who he or she is. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including ones who have no idea who you are because you don’t have 7 friends. Show the 7 random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on! "
Ten "honest" things, huh? I am nothing if not honest.
1) I love broccoli, green beans, wheat thins, cheese curls, cheese...
2) I love sleeping under the blankets with mom, but when I initially get into bed, I curl up with dad.
3) I love rolling around ON the clean laundry, only clean laundry.
4) I will eat anything that is edible and many things that are not. (pencils, pens, kleenex, beads.)
5) I will "sit" on command, but I won't "lie down", "stay" or "fetch".
6) I get on the table even when the chairs are pushed in, no one knows how, and I am not telling.
7) I bark at Auntie, Mr. Karate and memere as soon as they walk into the house. I do stop. Eventually.
8) I am not always good about where I do my business. Last night I left my poop on the landing. Mom found it when she was going downstairs. She didn't step in it.
9) I do love Lucky, but I am not adverse to stealing her treats if I can.
10) I like to sit on Auntie's lap. Right after I bark at her. hahahaha
So, for the seven blogs I want to give this to:
2) Harry Pugalicious
3) Monty Q.
4) Castle Diva
5) Chey's Place
6) The Meezers & Billy Sweetfeet
7) Team Tabby
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
I know you think I am cuddling with dad, but in reality, I am using my psychic powers to get mom to come to bed earlier at night. She thinks she is catching the cold that everyone and their brother has. The one that lasts over two weeks. To help stay healthy, mom needs to go to bed earlier than she has been.
Tell me honestly, does that photo make you want to got to bed and curl up with me?
Monday, February 16, 2009
Mom's best friend, Blondie, has four children. The eldest, has been in gymnastics since he was 4 years old. He is going away to college in September, and is trying to get into a Division I gymnastics school, either Stanford or Penn State. Blondie dragged mom off to watch him compete. Mom took videos of him, because Blondie's camera doesn't do videos.
Mr. Gymnast received a 14.0 out of 15.o in the rings. Mom was very impressed. He placed first overall in his group. Here he is with the trophy his team won. His eventual goal is the Olympics.
Maybe one day we will see him there. Wouldn't that be cool?
Sunday, February 15, 2009
And after they stole her blood, they gave her a shot! My poor sister was stuck! With a ginormous needle! Mom gave her lots of treats after, but my poor Lucky was traumatized! Is still traumatized. What a way to spend Valentine's Day!
Friday, February 13, 2009
In the meantime, it's windy and rainy, so we are gonna go hide under the blankets. Bye.