Friday, February 20, 2009

Fabulous Friday


Today is a great day. And chiropractor's are great as well! Mom slipped and fell on the ice Tuesday night. She landed on her right butt and elbow. She didn't feel too bad, just mad she fell. Wednesday, she didn't know what she did, but all of a sudden her right shoulder was killing her. When she went home, she had a lump on top of her shoulder. And the lump hurt if you pressed it.
Thursday mom called her chiropractor and got an appointment. Now, one of her co-workers told her she tore her rotator cuff and another asked if she separated her shoulder. Mom didn't know what was up, but she knew she felt like something was pressing on the right side of her chest.
She told the chiropractor what happened and after her exam he told her the good news. She had a rib out of place, and she displaced her clavicle (collarbone). And her back was out. It turns out that when mom fell, everything shifted up, making the lump on the top of her shoulder. After a massage and a few good cracks (sort of like the snap of Legos when they fit into place) mom is almost as good as new. The bad news, no karate until Tuesday. Mom will have to miss two classes.
:(


This reminds mom of me. So she posted it.

15 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I am glad she is feeling better! But man that must have been some adjustment... We will send a few purrs to make her feel better.

meemsnyc said...

We are sorry to hear about your mommy's fall. That must have been an ouchie!!

Karen Jo said...

I am sorry that your Mom fell, but really glad that the chiropractor could put everything back where it belonged. I really like the cartoon.

Pugsley and Lola said...

Hi Roxy & Lucky-

I am happy to hear that your mom is feeling better:) I am sure if you give her LOTS of pug kisses she will be as good as new!!

Have a PUGTASTIC Friday!!
XOXO
Pugsley

Unknown said...

Aren't chiropractors great??? I had whiplash after an accident last May and so I had to start going to one - it turns out I had all these other back problems that once he fixed I realized I had actually been in pain for a long time and had just gotten used to it!!! Once he fixed it all I felt SO much better. And now I can do all kinds of crazy stuff in yoga class. hahahaha. Glad everything got worked out. Have a great weekend!

Rosie said...

Glad your mommy is feeling better - I know my mommy used a chiropractor too after she had one of the littles she was all out of whack - they just snap you back into place - kind of creepy but good for the hoomans!!

Kelly said...

We are so happy that chiropractor popped Momma back into shape!

Nevis said...

Cute cartoon! And I hope you feel better!!!

castle diva said...

We're glad the chiropractor was able to help your Mom.

That cartoon is so Cinza.

Ms. P

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! I'm glad she is feeling better!
Yep your mom should relax while she misses her two classes.. don't want to turn around wrong and have it happen again!

Haha I love that comic and it really reminds me of Misfit.. but we haven't had stairs in a while. :)

Daisy said...

I am glad to hear that the chiropractor helped your mom feel so much better!

Too Cute Pugs said...

Oh, no! Your poor mom. Thank goodness for the chiropractor.

And we love Mutts! Yesh!

Pug love from,
Pearl & Daisy

Archie and Melissa said...

oh my goodness!
i am so glad you went to your chiropractor!
you are a tough kid!
xoxoxo
melissa

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Ouch, sounds v.painful! Glad you didn't break anything and hope you fel better soon :o)
Love the cute cartoon.....zoomies are the best! Have a great weekend :D
Slobbers xx

Sandra y Coco Pug said...

Hi Roxy! I am sorry your mom fell and got hurt. Good thing she found a way to fix the problem soon!