Any questions on whether you should read it or not?
Friday, October 31, 2008
Any questions on whether you should read it or not?
Thursday, October 30, 2008
1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.
2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.
3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.
4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don’t Do IT!
5) Loud Sigh: This is not actually a word, but is a non verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to #3 for the meaning of nothing.)
6) That’s Okay. This is one of the most dangerous statements women can make to a man. That’s okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question or faint. Just say you’re welcome. (I want to add in a clause here – This is true unless she says ‘Thanks a lot’ – that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say ‘you’re welcome’ – that will bring on a ‘whatever’.)
8) Whatever: Is a woman’s way of saying F- You!
9) Don’t worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing herself. This will later result in a man asking “What’s wrong?” For the woman’s response, refer to #3.
Send this to the men you know, to warn them about arguments they can avoid if they remember the terminology. .
A squillion years ago Mickey gave this awesome award to mom. But mom was having major brain issues and couldn't get her act together enough to post it, until tonight.
Mom would like to give this to Coco, and Charlie and Ollie, because these are both new, but really cool blogs with really cool pugs.
This was given to mom by Ladypug Mugs and by Pug and Bugg.
I was not a finalist on Project Dogway, but I had a lot of fun competing, and I got this awesome badge for doing so. I did win one contest, so I am very happy that I did well.
As for the thirteenth thing, well... Six more days and the election is Over! Woo Hoo! Go VOTE!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Mom's computer needs a new power supply, so she can't turn it on. The photo she wanted to share with you for her Tattle Tale Tuesday is, of course, on mom's computer. So we are going to go for a little something different.
Ever since he was a little boy, PlusOne has loved to arrange his "action figures" in scenes of battles and whatnot.
Here are two early examples of his handiwork.
Well, he hasn't outgrown his fascination for setting up his figures in all sorts of different settings.
This is at the side of his bed, in front of his night table.
And these guys are across the room in a bird feeder that PlusOne begged for many years ago. Of course, he didn't want it as a bird feeder. He wanted it as a house for his Pokemon. Now it is the command center for the Clone Troopers.
I dunno where he gets his imagination from.
Monday, October 27, 2008
It was also beautiful yesterday, sunny and in the high 60's. Mom sat out on a chair in the sun with Lucky and me until PlusOne took me with him. I got lots of compliments and Lucky got lots of petting. After I came back, I sat in mom's lap in the sun and really enjoyed it.
Because it was trick or treat, mom did almost no work on the back porch. She did prime the other side of all the shelves, but that was it. It was good of her to take a break. And read Brisingr. She should be done for the Book Review on Friday. Don't worry, she won't give away any spoilers.
Is this the life, or what?
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Two ninjas fighting! That's PlusOne's costume from last year. They are Trick Or Treating today with memere and Dad. And maybe me and Lucky. For a little while, anyway.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Then she can put all her books back. Auntie asked where all the stuff went.
It was nice and sunny on the back porch. We joined mom as she was reading Brisingr. It is hard to put down.
Oh, by the way, mom does have a rug, but there is a story behind it, so you will have to wait to hear it, when the floor is all finished.
Friday, October 24, 2008
As you can see, the (sub)floor is plywood. And a pretty lousy grade of it too. It looked really scummy, so mom figured it couldn't look worse.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
8) From Memere
9) Mom bought this ages ago and mounted it.
10) From a neat store in Bristol, NH
11) Maxfield Parrish, mom may move this to the sewing room
12) By Mark
13) Mom bought this ages ago as well.
So there you have it. 13 things mom may put in the sewing room. Of course, if she puts all 13 in, she won't have any wall space left.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
PlusOne does not like M & M cookies, so mom made him some chocolate chip. With Ghiardelli milk chocolate chips. They are really yummy, especially with cold milk. Not that I would know. I didn't get any. Mom does not want any repeats of last year!