The incredible life of me, Roxy Dragon Pebbles, otherwise known as The Devil Dog and my new sister, Juliet, and my new brother, Loopy. I have no idea what I did to deserve that name! Honest! Just because I'm a black dog doesn't mean I'm naughty dog.
This is the playset that mom designed and built for the boy when he was just a toddler.
Recently, the boy decided to show me how to get up to the top. There is a ramp in the back, but the boy showed me the climbing steps mom made for little boys. You can see me checking out going down, but I can go up.
Which is how I got here. Dad put Lucky up here, because Little Miss Ladylike can't do any jumping or climbing, it would ruin her reputation.
Remember how I told you dad likes to take pictures of everything, we'll here's a few examples.
Personally, I think Lucky just want to get down and climb in someone's lap.
To tell you the truth, I was getting kind of tired too, so I was really glad when dad decided he'd taken enough pictures and brought us in the house. Running around in the grass can get kind or tiring, especially when it's really hot and humid. We are supposed to have thunderstorms tonight, to cool things down. But I don't think we'll be that lucky, so off to the air conditioned bedroom I go. To climb under the blankets and sleep on mom's hip.
Lucky Here. There are thirteen things I need to clarify.
1) Mom and Dad don't always carry me up the stairs. I walk sometimes, but every time I reach the top Roxy attacks me. Mom is afraid I will fall down the stairs and hurt myself.
2) I am not Little Miss Perfect. I am well mannered.
3) I am not "blonde", I am fawn, and a beautiful shade of fawn, I might add.
4) It is true I cannot jump up on the couch and sofa, ladies don't jump.
5) What is wrong with licking? It is an expression of my love for everyone.
6) Is there a problem with my going to bed at 8:30 pm? It is my job to watch over the boy at night, Roxy just doesn't understand.
7) Mom thinks that dog food is the best thing for me, and I appreciate her efforts to keep me healthy. While broccoli and green beans are healthy, tootsie rolls, M & M's, beads, pens, pencils and kleenex are not.
8) Mr. Porcupine is chew toy. He was also a gift. I am just using him as he was intended.
9) I am glad I am not a show pug, or a breeding pug. I have a perfectly wonderful life loving my boy and his mom and dad, (and Roxy) and hugging people who need it.
10) Of course I snarl when Roxy comes near me eating, she tries to get my food. What am I supposed to do, let her eat it and get fat. I only have her best interests at heart.
11) Chewing on mom's hair is a better way to wake her up than standing on her chest or walking across her back and plopping down on her head.
12) Yes, I have a hearing problem. It means I don't have to listen to Roxy whine all day when she gets up on the kitchen table and can't get down again.
13) Roxy really is a devil dog. Every morning, when mom takes a shower, Roxy jumps off the bed, knocks the garbage can over, spreads the trash everywhere, then climbs on the bed with several kleenex and proceeds to shred them all over the sheets.
It started off in the 70's last week and was in the 90's Saturday. It was hot. And it was muggy. And if your nose were pushed into your face like ours are, you'd be hot and tired too. So Lucky and I are just chilling on the carpet. Mom came home from class and turned the air conditioners on. Thank goodness!
Lucky is snoozing on a lap robe mom made from leftovers of a quilt she made for Millie's mom.
I don't get it at all! Mom put Lucky on Dogster today around noon and Lucky already has 57 bones! I have been on dogster a week and I only have 22 bones. It is not fair! I was here first. I am younger, faster, smarter ... do I need to go on? She likes to let people hug her and they let her lick their face. Hmph. The only face I like is mom's, when she gets home and I only do it for a minute or two, not like Little Miss Perfect who cleans their entire face.
I think we have a problem here!
(you know the drill, you can click on the picture to biggify and see just how beautiful I am)
1). Lucky is partially deaf. She can hear noises, but sometimes doesn't know which direction they come from.
2) Lucky is ready for bed around 8:30 pm every night, when the boy is ready for bed.
3) Lucky does not like broccoli or green beans. She doesn't eat tootsie rolls or m & m's like me.
4) Lucky has a hard time going up stairs. Mom usually has to help her. Sometimes mom even carries her up the stairs. Dad always carries her up the stairs.
5) Lucky likes to chew on her Mr. Porcupine toy or her snowman before she falls asleep.
6) Lucky can not jump up on the sofa or chairs, like I can. She certainly can't get on the counter like I can.
7) Lucky's parents were champions. Lucky would have been a show dog and used to breed except she couldn't hear. So now she is a pet.
8) When the Pug Group had a fund raiser for Green Mountain Pug Rescue, Lucky was the official "Pug Hug" dog. Lucky raised $380.00 through hugging. She was really tired when she was done.
9) Lucky doesn't like anyone coming near her when she eats. She snarls something wicked, even at me! Like I would steal her food.
10) Lucky likes to lick. The boy's arms, Mom's face, Dad's face. If either one of them move, because she is licking up their nose (eewww) she puts her paw on their face and yanks it back so she can continue to lick.
11) When dad puts Lucky in bed in the morning after he takes us out, Lucky likes to chew on mom's hair. That is her way of telling mom to pick up the covers so Lucky can go under them.
12) Lucky's cousin is famous. He went to Westminster and other places like that.
1) Lucky is older than me. Her birthday is August 15th. Mom gave her 1/2 a cooked hotdog for her birthday. I got the other half.
2) I LOVE broccoli. Cooked or raw. It doesn't matter to me.
3) My mother's name is Lizzie Woo Woo.
4) My mom says I am a big chicken dog. I bark at everyone who comes in the house. Including Millie's mom.
5) I love to walk, but I stop and sniff the flowers, or weeds, or telephone poles, or fire hydrants or.... you get the picture.
6) I can sit and lay down for mom, but I will only do it for a big treat.
7) Lizzie Woo Woo's mom is Miss Patty and her husband is Bob. Whenever I see either one of them I jump straight into their arms.
8) I sleep with mom and dad everynight, but I don't get into bed until Mom does.
9) In the fall, winter and part of the spring, I sleep under the blankets.
10) Because I am black, I only have one layer of fur. Lucky has two.
11) I once escaped from the backyard when Mom took me out to do my business. She was in her nightgown and her winter boots and she had to chase me around the front of the house (with the help of a neighbor) until she caught me. She hadn't taken a shower or combed her hair or brushed her teeth. You can imagine how happy she was with me.
My cousin , well, second cousin twice removed, Millie, has been telling all her friends in the cat blogosphere to visit me. I want to thank them for visiting and I want them to know I welcome them always. But they are all asking if I like cats.
Well, I am a dog. What do you think the answer to that question is?
We had neighbors that had more than eleven cats. They were not nice neighbors, so they were not nice cats. The owners didn't take them in the house and love them and pet them. They left them out in the rain and snow and sleet. The children chased them and threw things at them. They kept having kitties and more kitties and more kitties. Sometimes policemen came and took some of the cats away but there were always more. Someone told my mom that the children hurt the little kitties and hid them in the ground, but we don't know for sure.
So anyway, several of these cats used to come in my yard and they did their business where the boy would play.
Well! I can't have that now, can I? So I chased them away. All by myself. Lucky didn't help. She just watched. Of course I never caught them, but I sure did try to teach them good manners.
Now they are gone, and we have new neighbors. They have a cat named Simba. Simba is a good cat. He reminds me of Monty Q. Simba does not come into my yard. He is very respectful. We haven't played together yet. I don't know if he would like to play with us. Whenever I see him from my doorway, I bark at him to let him know we want to play, but he ignores me. Maybe he's deaf. He is old.
I suppose this could be one reason I have the name of The Devil Dog. I don't know how the toilet paper got there!
I mean, seriously, the toilet paper followed me. Honest!
Would I lie to you? Look at my face! And look at little Miss Innocent lying down beside me like she had nothing to do with any of it!
I suppose that my knocking over the trash cans and shredding the kleenex all over the rug could be another reason I have this name. Or the fact that I eat whatever I can reach on the counter, or table.
Or the fact that I broke into my dad's lunch box and ate 14 ounces of M&M's. (Boy, did I regret that!) Or the fact that I ate 1/3 of a halloween bag of Tootsie Rolls. (Come to think of it, I regret that too.)
Or maybe it was because I flipped the boy's birthday cake off the counter and it landed face up on the floor. I don't know why everyone was so upset. It was in the plastic case, I couldn't get it open, so the cake was still edible. Just ... smooshed.
I think this might be why they call me The Devil Dog. I don't think it's fair, do you? After all, dogs are supposed to explore. We are supposed to sniff out new things and places. How can they fault me for doing what comes naturally? It's not easy being me.
This is as close as you are going to get. Luckily for me, the big guy with the camera (dad) who takes pictures of everything (and I do mean everything) didn't take a picture of me flailing away in the water. He did take a picture of mom carrying me out of the water, but since mom didn't really want that picture to be seen by EVERYONE, I lucked out. Here I am, contemplating how to get off this dratted rock.
This is Little Miss Perfect and the Boy swimming at the lake. We had gone for a long walk, well, long for Little Miss Perfect, and she was all hot and tired and had dirty paws. Can't have that now, can we? So the Boy took her into the lake. Who'd have guessed that shorty likes to swim. Or that she does it so well. I have to give her that. I'd show you a picture of the Boy trying to get me to swim but I have too much self respect for that.