Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tattle Tale Tuesday

You all know how lazy my mom gets on the weekend. Well, this weekend was no exception. After coming home from her karate step exam (which she passed), she decided to paint the front steps. She got most of it done, but there are a couple of holidays she has to fix and some warped boards that will have to be replaced (she painted them anyway, silly mom.) She also had to trim the bushes to get to the outside of the steps. Of course, in the bushes mom got stung by a yellow jacket (again) on her right cheekbone (again) and it swelled up a lot (again).


Then on Sunday she decided to work on her cementing project.

You really should have about 12" of cement between your foundation and any grass/dirt, so mom was trying to make it happen.

She needs to finish up the top layer, but she didn't have any more cement and she was getting tired. She also hand mixed the cement so her finger tips are pretty cut up.

If that wasn't enough, she decided that Lucky and I needed baths!

Here's Lucky after her dip in the tub.

And here's me, trying to look pathetic. (is it working?)

Look at all the fur I lost. Can you believe it? Mom had fun cleaning the tub after that. So that was my mom's lazy weekend. I just can't believe how much of a slacker my mom is. Can you?

5 comments:

The Slimmer Pugs, Kitties, and Mama said...

Roxy and Lucky,
Yousa mama dids a lot of work and ta boot she gave you baths?!? My goodness...our mamas have been cleaning the rugs with our Bissell Steam Cleaner for Pets...that seems to poops them out pretty goods. The only nice thing abouts gettings a bath is knowing that it'll besa while until the next one!
Licks you Laters Roxy and Lucky,
The Slimmer Puggums
George, Gracie, Toby, Lily, and Mimi

Punchbugpug said...

Mom is REALLY showing signs of slowing down...send her over to be a slacker at our house!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Wow! Your Mom was certainly busy this weekend. I'm tired just thinking about it.

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Ahhh pug hair...Roxy you ar just like me leaving my hair every wheres!

Hugs,
Tuni

Sweepy said...

Whoa! That's some fur! Your Mom really works buckets of sweat and that was her lazy weekend yet!

My Keeper works 24/7.
Non-stop.
I want attention, y'see.
:-)