Saturday, January 3, 2009

By Popular Demand


I, mom, have hijacked the blog. I have a good reason, too. By popular demand I present to you Dreams With Deadlines. The blog for all of us who have goals and who bravely want to post them, to hold ourselves accountable for the attaining of them. It will also be a support group for anyone trying to achieve their goals.

I have just built it, but I haven't figured it all out yet. I don't know if it should be rotating among anyone who wants to post or what. I don't think it will be every day, but who knows. Send me your ideas, your goals, your thoughts and help me figure it out. Together we can lose those ten (or thirty) pounds, get that exercise program going and generally support each other like we do anyway.

So, what do you say?

13 comments:

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

I tried to post on the Dreams with Deadlines blog- since I LOVE IT- but the kind of comment form it has for some reason the word verification won't pop up on my mac, it's just a ? mark. Anyway I need to get healthy for my early 2010 wedding and it's the perfect time to do that! I was at my healthiest and happiest about FIFTY POUNDS ago! I will work on it this year and I'm glad you started this!

Sandy said...

Excellent idea and I'm on my way to check it out--I don't have a wedding but I do have weight to lose before I retire and start my new life!

Punchbugpug said...

Sounds like a fun support group!

Unknown said...

yay - the invite worked!! Let me know if you need any more help with it - I may re-post my new years resolution blog there, if you don't mind.

Jeanne said...

I want to be part of this, still have not got my email yet. Love Ma

Anonymous said...

I'm totally in!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Hmmm ... sounds like a good and HOPEful idea, Roxy an' Lucky!
DMM

Gemini and Ichiro said...

A very good idea! I'll like it up with the My Big Fat Orange Cat blog... I'm getting one of those timer things so that I can see how close to my goal I am!

Team Tabby said...

It is good to have goals, we'll see what we can come up with.

Lux said...

Oh gosh - if only Mom could even get so far as having a goal! ;-)

Lux said...

See? We just checked out that site - it's a tragedy to not have a goal!

Brutus and Miley said...

May I join? This is a wonderful idea and would love to hold myself accountable as well as support others! I am in Boston and have a bit to catch up on emails and etc. I think I saw something about needing an email address. Mine is macphene@yahoo.com if you will allow me to join?

Sandra y Coco Pug said...

Hi! great idea, thanks for doing this! my email is pugnetwork@gmail.com
thanks again!