Mom has some goals for the New Year. Now remember, Goals are Dreams with a Deadline. Here are mom's most important goals.
1) Mom needs to lose some weight. She wants to lose 30 pounds. (lucky doesn't have to lose weight, she is 12.5 pounds. I don't have to lose weight, I am 17.5 pounds, no matter what I eat.) Mom wishes she was more like me. sigh.
2) Mom wants to strengthen her shoulder muscles, and help out her gimpy right shoulder. She has been doing her FIRM workout with weights. She has done it twice this week, so far.
3) Mom wants to get back into her running, in case she has to run 5 miles for her next goal. She has gotten on the treadmill for 30 minutes on Friday, Sunday, and Tuesday. She will be doing another half an hour today.
4) Mom wants her 2nd degree black belt. See the belt below? She wants another red stripe on it.
Part of that may be a physical exam of 50 push-ups (which is why she is doing the weights) 80 sit-ups (Mom can do that) and the running. She also has to know all her forms (Four and Five she learned in the Black Belt Class and are HARD) and all the techniques she has learned since becoming a black belt. The test has so far proved harder for almost all the students who have tested for it. Mom does not intend to be a casualty. Mom is going to PASS!
5) Mom wants to do more sewing, and make some more lap robes, including one for herself, to match the living room.
6) Mom wants to sew better, like Auntie.
So there you have it, mom's goals for the new year. What are your goals? Or rather, Dreams with Deadlines!