Friday, March 6, 2009

Honestly, Friday

Mom's been slacking in the posting of awards category lately. Bad mom! Bad Mom!

First, I received this award from Castle Diva like a squillion years ago. Mom is finally getting it posted.

This blog invests and believes in PROXIMITY -- nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.

Mom's been brain cramping on who to give it to, that's why it's taken her so long to post it. Mom says that she wishes all of you lived closer so she could get together and have fun with you like Pug & Bugg, Salinger, Pug Posse & Pugsley do. So, consider yourself all awarded.

I also got this from Coco and Brutus.


We got it before, and I did it, but now Lucky and mom are going to do it. hahahaha This should be good.

"When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have 7 friends. Show the 7 random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!"

Lucky

1) I have discovered that I LOVE Wheat Thins and Cheetos. Really, really.

2) I know Roxy makes fun of me a lot, but deep down she loves me. So I don't mind. Much. After all, it's much funner to be blamed for knocking her off the bed from being "blonde" instead of being calculating. hee hee

3) I am ready for bed at 8:30 pm. I just am. After all, a girl needs her beauty sleep.

4) I run in circles a lot. Mom says it comes from spending the first 4-1/2 months of my life in a four foot pen.

5) I don't like being combed or brushed. I don't like baths, but I love to swim. Go figure.

Mom

6) Sometimes, I am too honest for my own good. I get the "tell us how you really feel" comment. I would rather be honest than a hypocrite.

7) I don't get a lot of people. I don't understand why so many people are unwilling to take responsibility for their lives or their actions. I just don't get it.

8) I am totally a "dumb blonde" when it comes to my car. I put gas in it, and leave the rest to my husband. Pretty funny for a DYI-er, huh?

9) I do not think I am pretty or good looking, which is why you will rarely see photos of me. I thought I looked pretty cute in that one with PlusOne on his birthday, so I posted it. Treasure it. You won't see many more of me.

10) I am a perfectionist. Surprise! It does make things a bit (a BIT?) difficult, in karate and life. I am getting better at it, but there it is.

I am sure everyone has done this, but if not, go for it.

9 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Congratulations on your awards!!!

Karen Jo said...

Congratulations on your awards. I loved Lucky's and Mom's ten honest things.

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Hi girls! Well done on your awards, you have cool honest lists! We are very behind on our blogging and visiting too so we totally get where you're coming from! BTW, belated Happy Birthday wishes to PlusOne....you're very close in age to our boy, who will be 12 in May, soon you'll both be teenagers and driving your Mothers crazy! (we love your b'day pics too, very sweet!)
So, the structure at Roseisle you were asking about is a pillbox, the concrete blocks are tank blocks, they appear along many parts of Scotland's coastline and were used in the defence of Scotland during WW2, if you're interested I wrote more about them in our post entitled "where we walk" which is in our introductions in the sidebar....there's a link within that post to a history of them, it's very interesting, enjoy!
Have a great weekend :o)
Slobbers xx

Salinger The Pug said...

Very cool post!

Just think....a quick trip to Indy and you could hang with ALL 4 of us (and our 12 pugs between us!).

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!

We have our meetup tomorrow so what time can we expect you? ;-)

Kelly said...

I loved your honest things! I doubt it will do any good for us to tell your momma that we think she is lovely... but we DO! So there.

Sandra y Coco Pug said...

Hi! We are behind in commenting on our friends blogs... still unpacking boxes and trying to find a place for everything.
I don't remember if I said Happy birthday to PlusOne, but just in case, Happy Belated birthday! He was a cute little boy and now he is a handsome teenager!. We also think you are lovely! When I lived in Peru I was not pretty or cool at all... but I learned a tricky smile that makes me come out nice on pictures hehe those are the ones I post :D I am trying to teach "the smile" to my husband but he has crooked teeth and there's no way he will smile on a pic. He looks angry always ...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the awards! Have a great weekend.

Archie and Melissa said...

hi roxy, lucky and mom!
congratulations on your awards!

happy friday!
xo
melissa and emmitt

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Roxy Lucky and Mom
Thank you for taking the time to be honest and speak from your heart! Congrats on your awards. Someday hopefully "life" will get straighted out and we will all have more time. We wish we were close to you too- but since we canot be- here is some love
tweedles