Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thursday Thirteen



Last week mom told you about the "step" exam she is taking Saturday, to get another stripe on her belt. This week I though I would tell you some of the things she has to do during the exam.

1) A technique called Cross of Destruction. (Sounds cool, huh?)

2) A technique called Obscure Claws. (Mom loves this one)

3) 4, 5 and 6 count stick and knife drills called "Spada y Daga"

4) Left side 5, 6 and 7 count Spada y Daga drills. (Stick and knife)

5) The left and right side of the technique Dance of Darkness,which is part of mom's form. (All techniques have the original side, then the opposite can be done to show symmetry.)

6) The left and right side of the technique Bowing to Buddha, which is also part of mom's form.

7) The left and right side of the technique Destructive Kneel, which is also part of mom's (really long) form.

8) A technique called Deceptive Panthers.

9) A technique called Obscure Wing.

10) A technique called Reversing Mace, plus extension.

11) Push-ups, sit-ups or crunches.

12) Basics: punches, strikes, kicks, and foot maneuvers.

13) The left and right side of the technique Snaking Talon, which is also part of mom's really, really long form.

Mom has to be there at 8:30 am and be raring to go. Me, I am going to sleep in.

13 comments:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow, that all sounds very cool, very impressive, and very difficult! Your mom is very talented! The only thing our mom does is run marathons and teach fitness classes. Boring compared to the cool stuff your mom does!

Mickey's Musings said...

Oh cool~! I do #1 ,Mom calls is Claws of Destruction and my claws are not obscure ;)
About #8, I do not think I am a Deceptive Panther,but I am a handsome one :)
Good luck to your Mom. You are smart Roxy, I would sleep in too!
Purrs Mickey

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

OOOOH, I want to see Dance of Darkness.

Monty Q. Kat said...

Sleep sounds good to me too...

Daisy said...

Neat-o! I think I would like to learn Obscure Clawrs.

Archie and Melissa said...

oooo! how exciting! i love to learn about what your family loves to do. it makes me happy!
:) melissa

Anonymous said...

That sounds so cool! Good luck!

mmm... sleep....

Nevis said...

What level black belt are you? That's super cool! My boss is a 3rd Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwan Do. Before I met him I had no idea that Black Belts had different levels!

And I love the name "Deceptive Panthers"!

Frances Louise said...

Good luck to your Mom! Knock 'em dead!

The Furry Kids said...

I think I might have obscure claws. But I am not sure.

Love,
Tazo

Lux said...

Sigh ... oh Lucky, you look so pretty in that photo!

Too Cute Pugs said...

Oooh, that sounds very impressive. And there are no judo chops, which is good.

Pug snorts from,
Pearl & Daisy

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

How EXCITING! Good luck to your momma! The "claws" one sounds like it's right up my alley. Speaking of "alley," I had to read number 6 a second time 'cuz the first time it looked like "Bowling to Buddha" ... an' that would just be weird.

DMM