Saturday, March 15, 2008

Thankful for Lucky

Mom talked to the Assistant County Attorney today, about the 4 people involved in the break-in in December. They will all be doing jail time, some more than others. Two have violent criminal histories.



Their lives, mom was told, were going to change BIG TIME and not very pleasantly.



Mom said she was very glad they didn't hurt us. And the Attorney said, "Oh, they said you had a really cool dog, who was very friendly, and came over to say 'hi' to them."


Well, I think we all know that that wasn't me. It did make mom very happy, though, but very perplexed. Happy, because they didn't hurt the cute little puggy sleeping all nestled in mom's arms, and perplexed, because where the heck was I?


She can't imagine that I wouldn't have run to the door and barked at them. And that if I had done so, they wouldn't have talked about the really friendly dog. The only thing mom can think of was that I was stuck on the kitchen table and couldn't get down, as usual. So Lucky was friendly to them, they didn't hurt her, and they didn't worry about me, on the table. The neighbor said he heard me barking my head off, so she knows I was barking. I was on the floor when she got home, but maybe the policeman picked me up off the table? Or maybe I finally got own by myself.

She doesn't know, and she doesn't really care. She is just very thankful for Lucky, being so friendly, that they didn't hurt her for it.

10 comments:

Daisy said...

I'm glad they will all have to serve time in jail, and I hope it teaches them a lesson. Hearing that they spoke of you and Lucky sends chills down my spine.

Mickey's Musings said...

They can think about their bad deeds in jail!! YAY!!! It's funny that they remember a friendly dog as they are facing jail time.Stupid beans.I am so happy they did not harm either of you. So many bad beans hurt animals and beans for fun :(
Thank goodness you are safe!!!!!!
You two look so cozy there :)
Purrs Mickey

Chrissie said...

It is amazing that those creeps didn't hurt you, Lucky. I am thankful that they were just interested in stuff and not further harm. Jail time is best to keep them from doing the same to others.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I am relieved to. I can't imagine what my human would have done when her home was burglarized if someone had hurt her cats.

Monty Q. Kat said...

Yaaaaaay justice!

Archie and Melissa said...

The whole story is amazing. Amazing that they did not hurt the puggies, amazing that they caught them and amazing you got your things back (or most of them.) I am so glad they are going away for a long time. Roxy and Lucky you are the coolest. Even people looking for trouble can stop and appreciate you. That is wonderful.
XO
M & E

Kimo and Sabi said...

Justice prevails! We si glad yer mom is feeling better.

Come visit us Sunday to see da answer to how many puppies was in da photo.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Lucky lived up to her name ... just like Lucky Charmz lived up to his. You are furry fortunate that you two weren't injured by the bad men who robbed your house.

Mom says that the universe (and karma) catches up to those people who do bad things ... it takes some time, though.

DMM

Paula said...

Yeah for justice and tg for pug safety.

Nevis said...

I know this sounds terrible, but I find it highly amusing that the robbers took the time to comment on how nice your dogs were while they were robbing your house. *giggle* Sorry!!!