Mom got this meme from Goodboy Norman. She thinks it is really cool. So she decided to do it. Here it goes.
1. Pick 13 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. No Googling or IMDb-ing. That’s cheating and that’s no fun.
Here they are. (Hint: Some of these are from Dad's favorite movies, because mom was having a hard time thinking of movies. Sheesh!)
1) You don't like her. My mother don't like her. She's a dog. And I'm a fat, ugly man. Well, all I know is I had a good time last night. I'm gonna have a good time tonight. If we have enough good times together, I'm gonna get down on my knees. I'm gonna beg that girl to marry me. If we make a party on New Year's, I got a date for that party. You don't like her? That's too bad. Marty by Sandy
2) Better get under cover, Sylvester. There's a storm blowin' up, a whopper. Just speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry The Wizard of Oz by Diva Kitty
3) Well, she turned me into a newt! Monty Python And The Holy Grail by One Eyed Jack
4) I don't know what all this trouble is about, but I'm sure it must be your fault. Star Wars (C3PO to R2D2) By Diva Kitty
5) Stern, if this factory ever produces a shell that can actually be fired, I'll be very unhappy. Schindler's List by Millie
6) This is a dude who, 700 years ago, totally ravaged China, and who, we were told, 2 hours ago, totally ravaged Oshman's Sporting Goods Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure by Millie
7) Oh, what large teeth you have. I mean white sparkly teeth, I know you probably hear this all the time from your food but you must bleach or something, 'cause that's one dazzling smile you got there and do I detect a hint of minty freshness? Shrek by Millie
8) You gonna do somethin'? Or are you just gonna stand there and bleed? Tombstone by Diva Kitty
9) Do you know why the number two hundred is so vitally descriptive to both you and me? It's your weight and my I.Q. Superman(the original) by Diva Kitty
10) I was the East Coast distributor of "involved." I ate it, drank it, and breathed it... Then they killed Martin, Bobby, and they elected Tricky Dick twice, and people like you must think I'm miserable because I'm not involved anymore. Well, I've got news for you. I spent all my misery years ago. I have no more pain for anything. I gave at the office. Field of Dreams by MommyO63
11) I remember when my daddy gave me that gun. He told me that I should never point it at anything in the house; and that he'd rather I'd shoot at tin cans in the backyard. But he said that sooner or later he supposed the temptation to go after birds would be too much, and that I could shoot all the blue jays I wanted - if I could hit 'em; but to remember it was a sin to kill a mockingbird. Well, I reckon because mockingbirds don't do anything but make music for us to enjoy. They don't eat people's gardens, don't nest in the corncrib, they don't do one thing but just sing their hearts out for us. To Kill A Mockingbird by Sandy
12)You Americans, you're all the same. Always overdressing for the wrong occasions. Raiders of The Lost Ark, by Nevis
13) How do you explain school to a higher intelligence? ET by Goodboy Norman
Have fun, and remember, no cheating.
(If you are still stuck tomorrow, mom will give hints.)
This has been a lot of fun, start brushing up on your movies, because the next ones are gonna be harder!