Thursday, November 22, 2007
Happy Thanksgiving and Thursday Thirteen
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone, and Happy Thursday to all of you who celebrated your Thanksgiving last month.
Here are thirteen things that will happen tomorrow, in no particular order.
1) Mom, Dad and the boy will leave Lucky and me alone for most of the day while they travel up to the cottage to have Thanksgiving Dinner with Dad's family.
2) Dad will be grumpy and won't want to go, but once he gets there and relaxes, he will have a good time.
3) I will try to climb on the kitchen table and eat the rest of the potatoes mom left there.
4) Mom, Dad and the boy will go see memere to get some of memere's famous, delicious, fabulous meat stuffing, which mom will not share with Lucky or me.
5) Mom and the boy will sleep late. I will stay in bed, under the blankets, for as long as dog-ly
6) The boy will carry Lucky over to mom's bed and the two of them will climb in, get under the covers, and fall back to sleep.
7) Lucky will snore.
8) Dad will eat steak tips, because turkey upsets his stomach. Mom may have one or two. There will be no leftovers, because dad is sure one of his brothers or brother-in-laws, will eat the rest. Dad won't share either.
9) Lucky and I will snuggle together in the dog bed and sleep.
10) Mom, Dad and the boy will come home after it is dark, not eat much, and watch TV. Lucky and I will cuddle with them under the lap robe.
11) Dad will go to bed early because he has to work Friday.
12) Mom will go to bed late because she doesn't.