Thursday, November 1, 2007

Lucky & Luxor

Texas has been very interesting. We had a great bar-b-que with Missy and KC. We got to run on the beach and eat all sorts of interesting things.


Then we got roped out of a tornado by Angus, nearly caused a riot with the cattle, and had fresh road kill armadillo.

Then we got stopped by a policeman. (I won't say who was driving.) He had a police dog with him. A police dog that hated cats!


Well, I had to protect all the road trip members so I went out to speak with the police dog. He wasn't very friendly. He called me a Snooty Yankee Catlover. I wanted to call him a stiff necked redneck, but the object of the game was to get away in one piece. I really wanted to let everyone play thundering herd of elephants on him, Miles and Sammy were ready, but again, I decided not to. He was giving me such a hard time when all of a sudden, Lucky emerged from the bus, sat down and looked oh so helpless and pitiful and... you know the look. Sort of like this.

Well, that made him stop. Lucky turned on the charm, the "what is wrong, officer?" bat the eyelashes look. Pretty soon the police dog was lying down, thumping the ground with his tail.


Lucky sashayed around him, telling him that she was late for her meeting with her "True Love" and did he really want to break her heart? Well before you could say grovel, we were cleared for takeoff with a warning and I told Karl to get us out of there quickly but not over the speed limit.

Everyone breathed a big sigh of relief when we left that town. We all dove into the home grown catnip and pig ears that Zippy, Sadie and Speedy sent to us. Kellie the Orange Cat was especially happy to have all that bad police dog business behind us, so was Ruis. We needed to find something fun so we could all lighten up before we arrive d at Luxor's so we decided to do a quick bit of trick or treating.

Tillie

Monty

Geuss who?

Willow

Then it was time for Luck to get dressed up special for Luxor and we finally ARRIVED.


Well, this is what happened next.



Cue the romantic music (Love is a many splendored thing...)


Music swells and


And this is where I shooed everyone away from Lucky and Luxor so they could have some private time.

You will just have to use your imagination at this point.

See you tomorrow! (Oh and thanks to Zoolatry for the fabulous art. Isn't it great!)

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo happy for the two of you!! And I want to thank you guys that you picked me up half way the trip. I met my Karl.............. oh my.....

Hugs,
~Ruis

ps -- Did you know there's someone secretly making pictures??

Anonymous said...

Oh what a fun trip you had! Are you staying for any amount of time? Did you have fun with the tricks or treats?

Frances Louise said...

Too funny! Great story! I loved Lucky's "let me slip into something more comfortable" outfit.

Hey if Luxor doesn't work out, then maybe that police dog . . .

Mickey's Musings said...

Today was the wildest part of the trip.We're glad to be at Lux's.We can relax a bit before going to see Beezer and California!!!!!!

Samantha & Mom said...

That was so romantic when Lucky and Luxor met!! Love is in the air! Whew, we can clean up the bus and get ready for the next leg!
Your FL furiends,

Team Tabby said...

Isn't romance wonderful!! They is so sweet together.

Moe & Mindy

Lux said...

This has just been the best day of my life! Lucky is just as sweet as I knew she would be!

My only regret is that I didn't get to come along on the road trip!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I'm joining the road trip on Friday at Beezer's place, unless there is another way to join!

Luv,

Skittles, The Huntress

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

Thank you so much for having us along, guys! We are having such a wonderful time! You guys are the best!
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie
ps. Check out our photo we took in the bus!

The Meezers or Billy said...

we was just so happy when Lux and Lucky met!!

time to air out the bus for the next leg of the trip.

Beezer, here we come!!!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Awww, they make a cute couple!

The Cat Realm said...

Lux and Lucky are a wonderful couple! A true noms romance - sooo sweet!
But the best part of the road trip was that I finally met my Ruis....
Ahhhhhhhhhh
Karl

DK & The Fluffies said...

Awwwww! I'm so happy you guys had such a great time. So we'll see you in SF on Friday and then we'll do Napa on Saturday?

Parker said...

Ain't love grand?

Daisy said...

I guess the road to true love is paved with tornadoes, lizard stew, costumes, armadillos and police-dogs! I am very glad that Luxor and Lucky are finally united! This sure has been a whirlwind road trip.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

There wasn't a dry eye in any cat's eyes when Lucky and Luxor met. WE were all so moved. What a wonderful experience. Wow I have never been to New Mexico, there's a lot of sand out here.

Purrs
Abby

Lux said...

Yes! Yes! I want to go to San Francisco with you all! Let's go!!!

Monty Q. Kat said...

Why stop now? Off to SF!!!

(Have you seen my kareoke machine? Somebody moved it somewhere...)

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Oh my. It gets really steamy there at the end!

Samantha & Mom said...

Hi Roxy, Miss Allie Cat, Dr. Tweety and the Fab Five and Storm and Castle from England want to know if they can join the trip. Let me know and I'll get them to teleport to our next pit stop!!
Smanatha & Mr. Tigger

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Hi Lucky & Luxor. Samantha & Tigger invited us to go on da road tour tingy wit you all. We iz furry ex-cited & can't wait to join da party! Tank you fur da drivin' da bus fur us all.

We are already to join up & teleport to da next stopee.

Love, Dr Tweety and the Fab Five

Michelle said...

OMG! that is so funny! Love it!

Tiger Lily said...

That police dog looks a lot like my cousin Tippy. Tippy just loves kitties and takes very good care of the ones who live with him. I just don't want you to think all bit German Shepherds are like that police dog.

Otherwise your trip sounds like a lot of fun!