Friday, November 30, 2007
Lucky really is very good. She will just about relax on anyone, but this is really relaxed.
And to think that she was in a four foot pen for the first four and a half months of her life.
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Mom has been reading a this week, a very good opportunity for Lucky and me to sit in her lap and enjoy her. Plus, it is good for her to take a break every now and then, especially after her cleaning frenzy last weekend.
I thought you might find it interesting to see what mom is reading.
1) The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory (Still reading)
2) A Dark Sacrifice by Madeline Howard (Book Two)
3) The Hidden Stars by Madeline Howard (Book One)
4) The Jester by James Patterson & Andrew Gross
5) Dark Moon Defender by Sharon Shinn (Mom really really wants the next book in this series, but she doesn't want to spend $25.00 for a hardcover.
6) When The Gods Slept by Allan Cole
7) The Testament by Eric Van Lustbader
8) The Coldest March by Susan Solomon (Scott's Fatal Antarctic Expedition)
9) The Bulger Brothers by Howie Carr
10) The Awakened Mage by Karen Miller (Book Two)
11) The Innocent Mage by Karen Miller (Book One)
12) Midnight Club by James Patterson
13) The Summoner by Gail Z. Martin
Quite a variety, huh? Maybe that's why Mom's readablility is as follows!
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Don't worry, Lucky is not jealous. She knows she is Number One in the boy's heart.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
I saw this on the Meezers, so I had to do it. I am Comet. Weeeee!
|You Are Comet|
A total daredevil, you're the reindeer with an edge!
Why You're Naughty: You almost gave Santa a heart attack when you took him sky diving
Why You're Nice: You always make sure the sleigh is going warp speed
Lucky is Prancer. Figures!
|You Are Prancer|
Why You're Naughty: Because you're Santa's pet, and you won't let anyone show you up.
Why You're Nice: You have the softest fur and the sweetest carrot breath.
Which of Santa's Reindeer Are You?
Monday, November 26, 2007
Today, she stripped the beds, made the beds, did all the laundry, and then started to put up the Christmas lights. She got the bush lights up and 3/4 of the roof lights up before she got sidetracked with lights that weren't lit. After some playing, she got 3 sets of roof lights all squared away. She has three sets that all light halfway and mom has gone through every bulb but can't figure out why the other half isn't lighting. She and the boy did manage to play a bunch of air hockey. Mom won one game. The boy smoked her in the other.
Meanwhile, I am doing what I do best. Relaxing. Don't I look good? Don't you think mom ought to take after me more? Maybe that's why she's been sleeping so late. What do you think?
Sunday, November 25, 2007
The second award we received from Clover. I am really excited about this one, as it is "presented to a successful blogger, one who can “be the blog” - making it their own, staying with it, interacting with the readers, and just plain having fun."
That is so cool, don't you think? I can't help it, I am really, really honored to be the recipient of it. And because all good things must be passed on, I would like to pass this on to two blogs I feel definitely make it their own, interact with the readers and have fun: Daisy the Curly Cat and Karen Jo.
Saturday, November 24, 2007
We just learned of the passing of our friend Maggie from PDE. Maggie is part of The Pug Farm, along with her brother Napoleon. She fell ill about about two weeks ago, then starting having seizures. This is the second pug that her owners have lost. The first one was in September of 2006, when Josie was being spayed. When Maggie went through her spay easily, her owners thought that they were in the clear. Unfortunately, it was not to be. Please give her owners and brother your thoughts and prayers in this very difficult time.
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Monty, the handsome mancat above, tagged Lucky and me for the 7 Random Things Meme. What with Wordless Wednesday, and Thanksgiving Thursday Thirteen, we finally found time to post it. So here goes.
1) Roxy - My mom is a fawn pug named Lizzie Woo Woo. Here she is with the boy, when she was visiting. My dad is a black pug.
Lucky - I am the older sister, but only by eight months.
2) Roxy - I am taller than Lucky. I have longer legs than she does.
Lucky - My tail is curlier than Roxy's. Hers straightens out behind her when she runs. Mine NEVER straightens out.
3) Roxy - I will eat broccoli, green beans, carrots, mushrooms, all my vegetables. Aren't I a good girl.
Lucky - I do not like vegetables. I eat my dog food like I am supposed to and hardly anything else. Except for popcorn. I LOVE popcorn.
4) Roxy - I will only get into bed if I know mom is in the bathroom, getting ready for bed. I will not go sleep with dad if mom is in the house. If I am sleeping with dad and she comes home, I go downstairs to be with her. I like staying up late with her. It is our private time.
Lucky - I am ready for bed around 8:30 every night. I am happy to go to bed earlier than mom does. And I love sleeping with the boy. He loves me soooooo much.
5) I do NOT snore. Lucky does.
I snore so that when dad comes to take me out early in the morning, he can find me under the blankets.
6) When we go for a walk, I read all the mail I can. I also walk faster than Lucky.
When we go for a walk, mom does not have to drag me away from every fire hydrant, telephone pole. sign, bush, tree, fence and etc. etc.... I am perfectly behaved when we go for walks.
You're supposed to go to the bathroom when you go for a walk, and you never do.
That's because I do it in the back yard like I am supposed to, unlike you, who will poop on the floor in the downstairs bathroom five minutes after mom brings us in from outside.
7) Mom loves me more than you.
She does not. You're so jealous that when she pets me in the morning, you jump on me and try to bite my ears. You can't stand it when I am on mom's lap when she is on the computer. You keep trying to jump in her lap when I am ALREADY THERE!
Ladies, that's enough. Be nice.
I'm taller than you.
I'm cuter than you. I'm cuddlier than you. And I don't bark at every single person who walks in the house, including Auntie and Mr. Karate, memere and pepere.
Well at least I don't start barking at 5:00 pm because I'm hungry and keep barking until the boy feeds us.I'm just making sure they don't forget.
How could they forget with that racket you make.
It's not my fault I can't hear very well.
I wish I had an excuse like being deaf. Doesn't stop you from hearing the popcorn popper.
At least I don't eat beads, m & m's, gingerbread houses, potatoes, kiwi, apples and trash.
Well, I can't help it if
THAT'S ENOUGH! SAY GOOD BYE!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone, and Happy Thursday to all of you who celebrated your Thanksgiving last month.
Here are thirteen things that will happen tomorrow, in no particular order.
1) Mom, Dad and the boy will leave Lucky and me alone for most of the day while they travel up to the cottage to have Thanksgiving Dinner with Dad's family.
2) Dad will be grumpy and won't want to go, but once he gets there and relaxes, he will have a good time.
3) I will try to climb on the kitchen table and eat the rest of the potatoes mom left there.
4) Mom, Dad and the boy will go see memere to get some of memere's famous, delicious, fabulous meat stuffing, which mom will not share with Lucky or me.
5) Mom and the boy will sleep late. I will stay in bed, under the blankets, for as long as dog-ly
6) The boy will carry Lucky over to mom's bed and the two of them will climb in, get under the covers, and fall back to sleep.
7) Lucky will snore.
8) Dad will eat steak tips, because turkey upsets his stomach. Mom may have one or two. There will be no leftovers, because dad is sure one of his brothers or brother-in-laws, will eat the rest. Dad won't share either.
9) Lucky and I will snuggle together in the dog bed and sleep.
10) Mom, Dad and the boy will come home after it is dark, not eat much, and watch TV. Lucky and I will cuddle with them under the lap robe.
11) Dad will go to bed early because he has to work Friday.
12) Mom will go to bed late because she doesn't.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Monday, November 19, 2007
Here are the boy and Mr. Karate in mom's kitchen.
Mr. Karate is an excellent teacher, and mom was happy he showed up because he and the boy have a special bond and that makes it easier for Mr. Karate to teach the boy and for mom to be mom.
Here they are doing a technique called "Unfurling Lance." It is a knife technique.
She loves this move at the end. You scoop kick their groin, claw the face and then come back down with a right hand sword to the side of the neck, pivot on the left foot and side kick the side of their right knee. It is really GREAT!
Here are Lucky and I, very unimpressed, watching them practice.
The boy's test is December 18th, so mom and the boy have a lot of practising to do. That means Lucky and I have a lot of sleeping to do. I guess we can manage.
Sunday, November 18, 2007
This is what it looks like after six hours of simmering. The house smells GREAT by the way.
Then mom strains all the chicken and bones and onions and carrots and potatoes out of it until you have broth, like you see above. But this broth has lots of fat on the top. So mom has to strain that off. It is hard to strain off the top, so mom does it the old fashioned way.
Mom used one of those fancy fat drainers/separators and look! The fat looks like it is all gone. But mom knows better. She takes the pot, with the chicken and broth, and puts it in the entry way with the window open (and the door locked) and will leave it there til tomorrow morning. She could put it in the fridge, but she would have to rearrange the fridge, and since the pot is so big it would take a while. Also, it's still warm. This way, at 29 degrees F, it will get cooler a lot faster than being in the fridge.
Tomorrow, mom will scrape off the fat and add other good stuff, like carrots, peas, potatoes, maybe some elbows, basil, and other spices and then you have chicken soup for the nice cold days. All we need is some English Muffin Bread (hint hint mom) and we would be all set.
I think I will dream about chicken tonight. Yum!
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Friday, November 16, 2007
She says it is because Monty Q's mom is going to have a baby.
And Kimo and Sabi's parents are going to have a baby.
Thursday, November 15, 2007
4) They do yard work together.
5) They do spelling words together. The boy is supposed to be the one doing the spelling, but he likes to ask mom how do you spell "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious". (Don't ask if it's right or not, I'm a dog!)
6) They do the dishes together. Sometimes the water stays in the sink.
7) They wash dad's car together. And have a water fight. The car actually does get washed.
8) They make quilts together.
9) They go for walks together.
10) They build really big towers with the blocks mom buys him for Christmas.
11) They study for the boy's math and social studies tests together. Mom is re-learning all her history. (yeah!)
12) They drive to school together every day. Yes, mom is doing the driving.
13) They read together. Well, actually, mom does the reading and the boy enjoys it.
You have to wait until next week to see what Dad does with the boy.