Thursday, August 30, 2007

13 Things That Need To Be Clarified



Lucky Here. There are thirteen things I need to clarify.


1) Mom and Dad don't always carry me up the stairs. I walk sometimes, but every time I reach the top Roxy attacks me. Mom is afraid I will fall down the stairs and hurt myself.


2) I am not Little Miss Perfect. I am well mannered.


3) I am not "blonde", I am fawn, and a beautiful shade of fawn, I might add.


4) It is true I cannot jump up on the couch and sofa, ladies don't jump.


5) What is wrong with licking? It is an expression of my love for everyone.


6) Is there a problem with my going to bed at 8:30 pm? It is my job to watch over the boy at night, Roxy just doesn't understand.


7) Mom thinks that dog food is the best thing for me, and I appreciate her efforts to keep me healthy. While broccoli and green beans are healthy, tootsie rolls, M & M's, beads, pens, pencils and kleenex are not.


8) Mr. Porcupine is chew toy. He was also a gift. I am just using him as he was intended.


9) I am glad I am not a show pug, or a breeding pug. I have a perfectly wonderful life loving my boy and his mom and dad, (and Roxy) and hugging people who need it.


10) Of course I snarl when Roxy comes near me eating, she tries to get my food. What am I supposed to do, let her eat it and get fat. I only have her best interests at heart.


11) Chewing on mom's hair is a better way to wake her up than standing on her chest or walking across her back and plopping down on her head.


12) Yes, I have a hearing problem. It means I don't have to listen to Roxy whine all day when she gets up on the kitchen table and can't get down again.


13) Roxy really is a devil dog. Every morning, when mom takes a shower, Roxy jumps off the bed, knocks the garbage can over, spreads the trash everywhere, then climbs on the bed with several kleenex and proceeds to shred them all over the sheets.

3 comments:

Mr. Karate said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*breathe*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Mickey's Musings said...

Lucky,I see you and Roxy get along like typical sisters.Even Tillie and Georgia don't always get along.
Not having to listen to Roxy whine when she is stuck on the table...priceless.Hee hee
(Don't tell Roxy I said that)
Purrs,Mickey

Karen Jo said...

Those are a good thirteen things to get clarified, Lucky. You are a beautiful shade of fawn. You are quite right not to let Roxy eat your food. You need your food and Roxy has her own. Not being able to hear Roxy whine is a good thing. Not being able to hear being called to dinner isn't, though. I hope you can hear well enough for that.

Thanks for being concerned about my feeling sad. I am feeling a bit better now.