Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Cats


My cousin , well, second cousin twice removed, Millie, has been telling all her friends in the cat blogosphere to visit me. I want to thank them for visiting and I want them to know I welcome them always. But they are all asking if I like cats.

Well, I am a dog. What do you think the answer to that question is?

We had neighbors that had more than eleven cats. They were not nice neighbors, so they were not nice cats. The owners didn't take them in the house and love them and pet them. They left them out in the rain and snow and sleet. The children chased them and threw things at them. They kept having kitties and more kitties and more kitties. Sometimes policemen came and took some of the cats away but there were always more. Someone told my mom that the children hurt the little kitties and hid them in the ground, but we don't know for sure.

So anyway, several of these cats used to come in my yard and they did their business where the boy would play.

Well! I can't have that now, can I? So I chased them away. All by myself. Lucky didn't help. She just watched. Of course I never caught them, but I sure did try to teach them good manners.

Now they are gone, and we have new neighbors. They have a cat named Simba. Simba is a good cat. He reminds me of Monty Q. Simba does not come into my yard. He is very respectful. We haven't played together yet. I don't know if he would like to play with us. Whenever I see him from my doorway, I bark at him to let him know we want to play, but he ignores me. Maybe he's deaf. He is old.
(you can click on the picture to biggify)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Roxy, It's Mickey,a black cat.
I think we might get along if we grew up together. Mom thinks you are very cute and loves your shiny coat and nice proportions.( She is partial to black coats)Your sister has nice markings too.
We just like to read about things you do and see pics of you.
Purrs,Mickey

The Devil Dog said...

Thanks Mickey!
If you like to run around and tackle each other (like I like to do to Lucky) we would be great friends. I was afraid no one would like me if I told them I chased...er played with cats.
Roxy