Monday, June 9, 2008

Pugs Everywhere & Another Hot One

Today was the Pug Meet-Up. Mom was concerned as it was going to be in the 90's and mom doesn't do well in heat like that. Add in humidity and mom is in a puddle on the sofa. But. we wanted to go, so off we went. There were all sorts of pugs there.




Here is the "Locomotion Line." Notice that Lucky is at the end.


PlusOne is playing with a dog that actually fetches and drops.


Pugs, pugs everywhere.



Lucky is still trying to say hello from the wrong end.



Mom says this is a nice picture of me, even if my tongue is hanging out because I am so INCREDIBLY HOT!


Can we go home now? Back to the nice air conditioned living room?


Any broccoli in there?

No, that is not my twin or my brother, but he could be, don't you think?



Our house has an open concept to it. You can walk around in a circle from the play room to the living room to the kitchen and dining room. This makes it hard if you want to use air conditioners. Mom's solution to this is not very high tech, or very classy, but it works. And we all stay cool.



Mom made a curtain out of extra fabric. She hangs it with curtain rods and it can be oushed aside for entry or exit.

This is the other doorway. Mom didn't have enough fabric, so she had to add a little of another fabric. Oh well.




Here is the window from the breakfast nook into the living room, over the sofa. This is dad's idea of fun. I'm glad he thinks it's funny. He better watch it. I know where he sleeps.

9 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

It looks like you all had fun! We do not do well in the hot and humid weather either!
It looks like you all had a great time and then escaped to your wonderful house. I love the curtains. Roxy, you look so cute propped up there with the two pug banks. :)
Funny!
Melissa

Nevis said...

Great pictures! I totally want to go to a pug meet-up but I can't find one in the small town where I live.

And I think your "curtain" solution is a good idea. When it's hot you kind of have to do what you've gotta do. You know ?

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

It has been crazy HOT here too. It was 94 yesterday! No outside time for this Pug, just cool cool air conditioning. I love the photo of the Pug locomotion! Come on baby, do the locomotion!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh I found this post very scary with all the pugs but Momma loved it!

Gemini

Clover said...

Hi Roxy,
Did you have fun at your meetup? Looks like a lot of fun. It is super hot here too. Mom and Dad are going to install an air conditioner just for me!!
Love Clover xo

Lux said...

Looks like everypug was having a fantastic time!

Hi Lucky & Roxy!

Team Tabby said...

Looks like you had a fun time at the meet-up, but would have been even more fun wifout da heat. Your mom is very creative about how to keep the cool air in one spot.

We loved your pictures,
Mindy & MOe

Punchbugpug said...

That window area sure looks like a great stage..you could do a Puggy show....

Milton said...

Boy, there sure were a lot of hot dogs!
Get it hot dogs? Like franks on a bun.

hahahahahah!

I crack me up.