Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dad, Mom, Thunderstorms, Eduardo & A Gift For Nevis

This morning mom and PlusOne took Dad out to breakfast for his birthday. Dad likes going to diners for breakfast, and mom and PlusOne like taking him.

Here I am, out of the way, because my mom went crazy yesterday. She was destroying the back porch. She ripped all the sheet rock off of the ceiling and then pulled all the insulation out. I don't know why. Something about it having got wet once upon a time.

She bought more insulation and is going to get the new sheet rock later this afternoon. I think she's lost it. I really do.

She also got new back cushions for the sofa. I do not like them. They are not nearly as squooshy as before. Dad and PlusOne like them. Mom knows Auntie will like them. But I do not like them.

A long time ago, Eduardo gave me this award. Then bad stuff happened and well, you know.
Anyway, here it is. It is The Best Friend Forever Gold Card! Isn't it pretty? (I think Eduardo likes me, but is afraid to say so.)


Here are the Rules:

1.Only five people allowed.
2.Four have to be dedicated followers of your blog
3.One has to be someone new or recently new to your blog and live in another part of the world.
4.You must link back to whoever gave you the award

So, here goes. The dedicated followers of my blog is easy. Mickey, Emmitt, Angus, Moe and Mindy. The new someone shall be (drum roll please) The Glummy Puddle, because that is such a neat name, among other things.

Here is the sky right before the thunderstorm we had this afternoon. Ominous, huh?

And last, this is a gift for Nevis, who has a thing for hot bodies.

Hope it's okay Nevis, it's the best mom could do.

12 comments:

Karen Jo said...

Happy Birthday, Roxy's Dad! If insulation gets wet, it can get stinky, I think. Anyway, it doesn't work as well as it used to. That's why your Mom is replacing it. I'm really sorry that the new cushions aren't as squishy and comfy as the old ones. Maybe they just need breaking in. Congratulations on your award. I also think Eduardo likes you, but is afraid to say so. Maybe you should give him some encouragement. We had a lot of thunderboomies today, too.

Archie and Melissa said...

hi roxy!
wow! your mom is busy! tell her she is wonderful! she is a go getter and takes on projects without fear holding her back! she is the coolest!
thank you so much for the award!
we love you!
xo
m & e

Mickey's Musings said...

Taking your Dad out for a birthday breakfast is good:)
Tearing apart the porch....I'll hide with you! I bet your Mom is wound up after all the sad news of the past week :) That's how Mom copes sometimes too. She goes on a big clean to keep occupied and not think about things.
As for the cushions,you will just have to work on softening them up.
That is a cool award and thank you for giving it to me :)
I have not forgotten your meme, stuff happened.

Hugs,Mickey

Daisy said...

Happy Birthday to your dad! I hope he enjoyed his breakfast.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Well happy birthday Roxy and Lucky's dad. I am not sure what anyone could get you when you have Roxy and Lucky!

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Dear Roxy~

I was wondering if your have always had a little bit of white/gray on your chinny chin chin? I have been gretting a more distinquished patch on my chin lately? Is it our old age showing?

Thanks
Sequoia!!

Lux said...

Hello, my friends. That sky your mom photographed looks really ominous. Congratulations on your award!

Clover said...

Hi Roxy,
Lots of things going on this weekend! Hope you work the cushions in nicely.
Love Clover xo
P.S. I think Eduardo DOES like you! You would make a really cute couple!

Chrissie said...

Wow! Hey, thanks, Roxy! I've never had a BFF! You're the very first, and I'm sure honored. Soooo, what did the Dad have to eat at the diner? Down here it'd be hard-fried eggs with picante sauce, biscuits n' cream or sausage gravy, bacon, and lots of coffee, with a side of myocardial infarction. Did they bring home any for you?

P.S. I could teleport over and help with the cushion-squooshing..in fact, a bunch of us could, and we'd make sure to invite Eduardo!

Nevis said...

Who doesn't have a thing for hot bodies?!! I always enjoy seeing Mr. Karate shirtless. Even if he's all...wounded in that photo. Very manly.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Homina, homina ... Gosh! Mister Karate is sure bruised up in that picture.

Love those clouds. I woulda given a whole lotta green papers if our perfectly cloudless blue sky coulda had all of those clouds an' a rainstorm, too. Sigh. Freakin' 73 degrees an' cloudless.

DMM

Unknown said...

the 17th is my dad's B-day too, Roxy! I was in Ohio, though, and didn't get to see him :(
I hope your dad had a great day - we missed you guys while we were gone!