Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

Roxy's mom here. This week, especially, we should all be thankful for the wonderful people or things in our lives. It is also a week to do that thing you have been putting off for a long time, like telling your mother you think she's wonderful or telling your sister that you wish you could cook as well as she does. Tell someone something that would make their day. Don't wait, you never know, it may be too late when you finally decide to do it.

This is what I am thankful for:

1) Dad & PlusOne

2) Memere & Pepere

3) Auntie & Mr. Karate

4) Lucky & Roxy

5) The rest of my family, my two brothers, their wives, my nieces & nephews, my aunt & uncle and all my in-laws.

6) Darling Millie, who changed Auntie's life for the better.

7) Everyone on the Cat Blogosphere, for raising money for Auntie to go to Sprout's funeral. As Sprout's godmother, Auntie really needed to be there.

8) All the wonderful people who work for all the animal rescues, Pug Rescues and animal shelters around the country.

9) All the wonderful people who decide to adopt a dog or cat with a little mileage on them, or in other words one that is not a puppy or kitty.

10) All the wonderful people who share in this blogging that we do, and understand us when we talk about how much we love our pets and who connect with us over that love, regardless of race, religion, political affiliation or country.

11) Monty's beans, who made Auntie so very happy by asking her to be Sprout's godmother.

12) Diva Kitty, Mom Robyn, and Kikky Cat's mom Becky for the details of getting Auntie to Maryland.

13) The fact that my family and I are all healthy and still with me.

13A) The fact that you all read my blog. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for letting me & mine be a part of your lives.

17 comments:

Karen Jo said...

Those are all really great things to be thankful for. I want to thank you for reading my blog, too.

Millie said...

What a fabulous Thursday Thirteen. Thanks for including us.

Daisy said...

This is a really good time to remember those we are thankful for! Many hugs to you.

seriously amused said...

What a lovely Thursday Thirteen! I'm grateful for all kinds of things, but especially for my two rescue kitties and all the wonderful animals who have shared their lives with me.

Mickey's Musings said...

That is a great T13!!
I would like to take this time to say I am so very happy that I got to know you and your family.
((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))
for all of you,my friends. :)
Purrs Mickey & family

Nevis said...

What a wonderful list of thankful things. Hey, post more shirtless pics of Mr. Karate.

Did I type that aloud?

Page said...

Nevis cracks me up! That is a wonderful Thursday Thirteen and I, too, feel so grateful for my blog friends who are wonderfully supportive. I'm still so upset about Sprout's passing and I hope and pray that her family and your family get through this tough time in peace.

Puddleglum said...

We love you Roxy and Lucky! Thank you so much for letting us see into a bit of your life. You brighten our day as well.

Anonymous said...

Heehee Nevis that is naughty... and yes please do post more pics! lol

That is a lovely sweet list and we are thankful to you for sharing your life and family with us!

The Meezers or Billy said...

Nevis, um, mommy agrees with you.

Roxy'sMom, that was a most wonderful list and you are right - we need to say the things we think about our family and friends. (ok, well the GOOD things)

Clover said...

What a sweet post! We are so glad that you share with us too - thanks for being great friends!
Love Clover xo

Gemini and Ichiro said...

That is a fabulous thankful Thursday Thirteen!

Archie and Melissa said...

what a beautiful post roxy.
i am thankful for having friends like you.
your daily visits mean the world to me and emmitt.
xo

DESERT PUPS said...

Woof Devil Dog

You made our Mom cry when she read that. Then she had to track us all down and give us big hugs. We thought we were gonna get biscuits but nooooo, just hugs. Anyway, it's good to remember all of the people and pets in our lives that make our lives whole. And we're thankful for you for reminding us to appreciate our friends and family everyday. Thank you Roxy, Lucy and your Mom.

Woof, woof
Desert Pups and Mom

Chrissie said...

My heart overflows with thanksgiving for all my family and many of the things you listed, too, Roxy's Mom. Millie's mom has been on my heart all day, as has little Sprout's family.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, for sharing your family. I am a faithful reader for months now. I don't have a blog, but I love how kind and sharing everyone is. What a nice community for pet lovers.

Unknown said...

aww- what a great Thursday Thirteen. Very very true...