Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday Thirteen



Thirteen Things Mom needs to work on. (I do not need to work on anything. I am perfect. Eduardo says so.)(As for Lucky... well, Luxor thinks she's okay as she is.)

1) Sparring.

2) Going to be earlier.

3) Waking up earlier.

4) Putting the receipts into Quicken more regularly.

5) Practising kempo more.

6) Sparring.

7) Trying not to be so helpful to people who don't need or want it. (Because then it annoys them and then mom is unhappy because she annoyed them.)

8) Keeping my karate notes more up to date.

9) Work on her Intermediate Level Instructors Certification more.

10)Be more efficient in her household projects.

11) Taking more pictures of Lucky and me. (She is seriously slacking in this area. I mean SERIOUSLY!)

12) Buy the new Gnarls Barkley song, Going on. It is mom's new favorite.

13) Sparring. (ACK! Mom feels she is no good at it, so now she is like a dog with a bone. Worrying it and worrying it and worrying it.)

8 comments:

Mickey's Musings said...

Gee Roxy, that is quite a list!!! There are lots of things that apply to mom too ;) #2,3,4 !!
Mom is always trying to be more organized and efficient,but has a tendency to be so picky when doing a task that it takes longer!
I think she needs to be like us and be happy doing the best she can. Our beans need to 'lighten up' heeheehee
Like you , am perfect too :)
Purrs Mickey

Unknown said...

I'm with you - I love those little "I'm so satisfied in this moment" snorts. Makes me melt....

Puddleglum said...

I'll have to give you tips on sparring. I do it ALL THE TIME with Snoufer, and I'm pretty good at it. Maybe I can convince Dad to take a picture of me doing it so you can study the technique.

Nevis said...

You can't put sparring down three times! Silly woman! :P

Nevis said...

You don't have to have an iPod or iTunes. You could easily modify the meme! :)

Unknown said...

Oh you're welcome! It was fun, I'm just sorry it took me so long. I get tons of students from the Ike!! Were you both stationed in Norfolk or was he just in the docks there?

Chrissie said...

#10 just sent my mom over the edge! A woman who tears down sheetrock and then puts it back up again PLUS fixes the electrical whatchamahookies, AND has such cool moves that leave bruises on her body needs no more efficiency. She's got a full plate as it is! She's got to be efficient to fit in all she has going on!

But she really does need to take more pictures of you and Lucky. We all need our daily smoosh-face fix!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Gnarls Barkley is cool! We're especially fond of "Kung Fu Fighting" from the "Kung Fu Panda" soundtrack! Good luck with the sparring.
DMM