Monday, October 22, 2007

Sunday Madness

I don't know what happened to mom overnight, but she woke up in a ... a mood! When she realized it was going to be a warm day she started doing stuff. First, she decided that Lucky and I had unfeminine odors. So guess what? You got it. I got a BATH!


And what's worse, the boy was taking PICTURES of me getting washed and rinsed.

Finally, it was OVER. But then mom had to dry me. She rubbed and rubbed with towels until she was sure I was nice and dry. She did not want me to catch cold. Here I am, all nice and clean. Can you tell?

Then it was Lucky's turn. I gotta hand it to Lucky. She saw what was happening and ran downstairs EVERY time the boy took her upstairs. Until mom locked her in the bathroom and dumped her in the tub.

Here is Lucky getting washed. I must say, she put up with it a lot more gracefully then I did.

And here is Lucky getting dried. Because Lucky has an undercoat and an overcoat, mom really had to make sure she was nice and dry. Mom used a lot of towels to dry us off. Then, of course, mom cleaned the entire tub and shower, making it nice and clean.

After that, she decided to fix the center bed support leg that had fallen off. But when dad picked up the boxspring, he moved it straight up, into the light and cracked the light cover (you know, that 12" square glass cover.) Which then fell on his head. Luckily, he did not get cut. So then mom had to vacuum the bedroom. I mean the ENTIRE bedroom. Under the bed (she took the bed apart and moved it all over the room) the corners, the edges, under the radiator and dresser. She moved the night tables, Dad's shoes, the ottoman, she did the closet. NOTHING was safe.
Then she decided that the window was dirty. And she started washing all the windows. Except for the two the sun was coming in. Because then they streak, she explained to the boy.

When she was done with that, and making the beds, and doing the grocery list, she and the boy went to aunty's. And then grocery shopping. Now, let me explain. Dad does the grocery shopping. Mom hates it. But because the guys named Pat were playing (and kicking butt) mom told dad to visit his friend and she would do it. She and the boy, that is. (Today, there were over 200 reasons why dad usually does the grocery shopping.)

They came back, mom started laundry, started cooking a chicken for dinner, brought Lucky outside and brushed her and brushed her and brushed her, then went off to Home Depot to replace the light cover dad broke. She also bought an aerator for the downstairs bathroom sink, (it had been bothering her for a while, spraying) a new light bulb for dad's halogen desk lamp and she bought the light fixture cover.

When she came back from Home Depot, she fixed the faucet, did more laundry, installed the light cover and decided to put up some ceiling compound on the ceiling in the breezeway (to the garage) when she is going to be installing a new ceiling light because it is dark in there, especially if the sensor light doesn't come on.

Then she made peas and stuffing, watched the boy INHALE an entire chicken leg, fed dad, watched the news, did more laundry, made her lunch, cooked me some broccoli and is now helping Mr. Karate.

I don't know what got into her. But I wish it would LEAVE!

13 comments:

Mickey's Musings said...

Gee Roxy, I had 10 naps reading all the stuff yer Mom did.
If yer Mom wasn't in a "mood" when she got up,I bet she was after yer Dad started helping(bedroom)Heehee
I have NEVER had a bath! Not like that. I do it myself.Mom knows better than to try.Water is for drinking!
You looked cute though with the water spraying on yer belly ;)
looks like you survived OK.Bet yer coat is super shiny!!

Frances Louise said...

Geez -- your Mom must have drank the whole pot of coffee or something! You and Lucky are both quite adorable in the bathtub. I hate baths too, but Daddy says I look quite pretty afterwards.

Millie said...

Wowza! I am so glad I give myself a bath when I need it (which is every day).

I dunno what got into your Mom, but sometimes my Mom acts a little like that.

I know how you feel.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

WoW! Your Mom person was busy! My Woman just lays around on Sundays. I like getting baths though! Don't you chase the towel and jump at it? I like to try to tear it apart!

Jeanne said...

Hi, It is Mom's Mom. My goodness what got into your Mom. She was like a like a tornado. Well now you are nice and clean and so is Lucky and so is the house. I guess you are all set till springtime. Missy is going to be groomed on Wed. I will send you her picture, she is a beautiful dog, though not a pug. She is a Shih Tzu.
But I still love pugs, but you shed so much and my dog does not shed. A big plus. Love you all, Mom's Mom

Oscar said...

Whoah! Your mom gets that way too! Well, I got a bath Saturday night when I came home from the pet hotel. I knew what was coming once my collar was taken off and she said bath time. I tried to hide, but it didn't work. But, yesterday, I didn't see her at all because she was busy cleaning the bedroom, doing laundry, cleaning the bathrooms and who knows what else. We need to find some way to stop this! I wish it were cold so the humans would get sluggish!

Clover said...

Hi girls!
Wow, your mom got so much done!! All in one day, I bet she was happy. Too bad about the baths though... I HATE baths! Mom and Dad sent me to the groomers last week for my bath... OMD it was awful.
Love Clover xo

Monty Q. Kat said...

Wow, I need a nap after reading all of that...

Daisy said...

Your mom was very, very busy! And poor little Roxy, you look so sad to be getting a bath. But I'll bet you two are the sweetest-smelling little dogs around now.

Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said...

Sounds like a mood that our momma has sometimes too. Sorry to hear you gots a bath. Awe, poor babies!

Four Pugz

Lux said...

Just reading about all the stuff your mom did has tuckered me out! I can empathize about that bath thing - every now and then MomBean gets in that mood, too. We all hate it. We're rather vocal about it, too.

The Furry Kids said...

Momma wants to know if you could send your mom over to our house...

Paula said...

Roxy and Lucky are georgous pugs.

I get an energy spurt like that once in a while, a very great while...lol.