Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - Random Facts & Thoughts

(Notice how well trained my dad is, holding my head nice and even.)

1) Just an FYI, but there was nothing on the boy's chin to make Lucky lick him like that. It's what she does, licks everything clean, even if it's not dirty.

2) The lion chair was given to my dad by his dad. It was his dad's grandfather's, and my dad thinks it might have come over from Sweden with them. Dad is not sure though. It has some neat carving on the front and can recline to three positions.

3) Mom has a counter on the blog. It says that there is someone in Finland reading this. Mom thinks that is really cool. Finland! I mean, really! Wow! I would be so cold there, with only one coat of fur. Would they keep me warm? Like mom?

4) There are also hits from Thailand, China, Japan, Australia, Chile, Hong Kong, Belgium, Argentina, Germany and the United Kingdom. Mom thinks this is just wild. How did they get to my blog? What do they think of my blog? Do they have dogs? Cats? Any pets? What do they think of me? What is Chile like? Argentia? Australia? Is it really wide? Dry? Is the Great Coral Reef really as gorgeous as they say? Are they commenting? Do I talk too much?

5) The world is a small place if people from all over are reading about me! What else do we have in common? Any children? Brothers and sisters who they bicker with? Mothers who paint? Ride motorcycles? Knit?

6) Most people get to my blog from Google.

7) The United States tops the lists for readers, with Canada coming in second.

8) Mom has heard from several people that they are very stressed lately. All sorts of things are happening to them and mom thinks that October ought to be renamed Stresstober and Halloween should come and we should all dress up in costumes, eat chocolate and relax with our woofies and kitties.

9) Mom has to take steroids for eight more days.

10) Mom has three more pills to help her sleep. (This makes mom nervous.)

11) Mom is NEVER going near the front bushes with the hedge trimmers EVER AGAIN. EVER. EVER. EVER.


12) Mom is starting to fell more like real self. She is not feeling as jittery at night (like someone is shocking her with an electric cattle prod) but she is still a little worried about sleeping through the night.

13) Mom has a "step exam" in karate in November. It is an exam of all she has learned since she joined the class in August. She has to know her form and four karate techniques really, really well. She also has to know four judo ground fight techniques. She really has to know eight karate techniques, but she is only expected to know four because she joined the class in the middle. Mom has learned the first four techniques and is planning on doing them well so she can get a white stripe on her belt. Mom is dedicated and pretty intense about this. You may not have noticed.

Well, that's just mom and my thoughts about all this. Look at everyone who helped Millie. Look at anyone who helps anyone smaller than you or someone in need. We are great people, and we are defined by our love for something that truly can not communicate with us, but we try anyway and we reach an agreements of sorts. We are the face of change and the face of love. Dad nearly died when he heard mom call Simba, the neighbor kitty a good kitty. (He is. He is a very sweet, kind kitty.) After the bad neighbors moved out with the feral cats dad didn't think mom would ever think of another cat again as anything other than evil intruder cats. But that's already changed. And in such a short time. There is faith out there, and we have to bring it to the fore. Maybe that's what else we can do for more blog action day. Go out and spread love!

9 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

wow Roxie, are you tired from all that thinking?

Karen Jo said...

You did some really good thinking today, Roxie. I am so glad that you are getting visitors from all over the world. I am really, really glad that your Mom is feeling better. I am sure she will do really well on her karate exam next month. I love your last paragraph about us all helping each other.

My brother and sister-in-law are home, safe and sound. I told my sister-in-law about Lucky and sent her a link to Lucky's Dogster page. Lucky can go visit her tomorrow afternoon.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Roxy, you certainly did a lot of thinking to write that post! I'm one of your visitors from Germany. :) But my humans are Canadian.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Forgot to say: Good luck to your mom with her karate test. Poor her, having to take more steroids and pills to help her sleep. I hope she feels better soon.

Monty Q. Kat said...

That's some list! Whew!

(What did you decide to nickname the Boy?)

Daisy said...

I am very happy that the lion chair protects all good cats and dogs. Roxy, you are a very thoughtful doggie. I wish good luck to your mom on her exam.

The Furry Kids said...

Great post, Roxie! We hope your mom feels better soon. And we wish her good luck on her test!

Christine and FAZ said...

Sread the love - what a great idea - I'm going to spread some now. Purr FAZ

Mickey's Musings said...

Wow, that is a cool list.
I'm glad that lucky just likes to lick faces.
Things are stressful because everything starts after all summer when nothing was going on.Beans need to manage time better.
Mom likes the eating chocolate part!
Good luck to yer Mom on her test!!