I saw this post about bananas, but since I am not sure I like bananas, I changed it to broccoli.
Thirteen Things I Like About Broccoli
1) Broccoli is good raw.
2) Broccoli is good steamed.
3) Mom cooks broccoli at least once a week, sometimes two.
4) Mom always drops at least one piece by accident. Really!
5) Mom always gives me at least one piece.
6) Thomas Jefferson planted broccoli at Monticello.
7) Italians brought broccoli to North America by 1806, but it did not become popular until the 1920's.
8) You can either peel the stems (mom prefers this) or not (when it gets to the branchy part).
9) Broccoli is good right out of the steamer, or the next day as leftovers.
10) Broccoli is healthy for you. It is high in vitamin C and soluble fiber. (I think that means it helps your poop tract work properly.) And if it is healthy for mom, then it must be healthy for me, too.
11) Broccoli is contains the multiple nutrients with potent anti-cancer properties including 3,3'-Diindolylmethane and selenium.
12) The broccoli leaf is also edible and actually contains more betacarotene than the florets.
13) Ever since a President said he didn't like broccoli, broccoli is famous.