Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Snowiest December and a New Limerick


"After the recent snowfall Sunday Night into Monday AM, Concord, New Hampshire now has a new weather record. With 10.1" of snow out of this past storm, December 2007 has become the snowiest December on record with an amazing 44.5", breaking the old record of 43.0" set back in 1876."

Well, what did I tell you, we broke a record. Set back over a hundred years ago. Wow!


We are expecting more snow, too. Three to six inches and then, here's the best part..."blustery and very cold conditions for Wednesday and Thursday with frigid temps Thursday into early Friday."


Oh boy, I just can't wait to go outside to do my business. Nothing like sticking your butt in the air to get the old juices flowing. Mom and the boy were building snowmen today and actually thought that Lucky and I wanted to watch them. Finally, mom took pity on us and let us in. And she wonders why I climb under the blankets when I get in bed? Because then maybe I will be WARM!


I know that she wasn't warm when she was out snow blowing the driveways, the path for the mailman and the backyard for Lucky and me. It was a very heavy, wet snow, great for snowballs and snowmen, but not for shoveling or for climbing through to do your business. So mom was on the trusty 11 horse snow blower making a path so Lucky and I could find different spots to go. And to give us a little exercise. Yeah, I had exercise. Run out, pee and run back in as fast as I can. That's my exercise.


And on a totally different note, my heroine, Karen Jo, wrote a limerick about me. It is wonderful, creative, fabulous, sweet, touching, thoughtful, and well, I have run out of adjectives. It has my cute puppy picture on there, I mean, you can't go wrong with that. So you all have to go check it out and tell Karen Jo that she needs to publish her limericks in a book, with me on the cover. hee hee.


Happy New Year Everyone!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think snow sounds like fun for a while but after a while it just makes things difficult by the sound of it.

Stay safe and warm.

River

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Wow ... That's a whole lotta snow! We have NONE. That's right ... winter with NO SNOW. In my city's defense, though .. It's seventy degrees an' windy with a chance of Santa Ana conditions an' more fires. Sigh.

Happy New Year! 2008 is gonna be GREAT!

DMM

Karen Jo said...

Wow! That's a lot of snow. We have some, just enough to cover the ground, but nothing like you have. I really feel sorry for you having to go outside to do your business. I am really glad that the Mom clears you some space to do your business. Trying to squat in deep snow would be really rotten for small dogs like you and Lucky. I am so happy that you like your limerick. I will publish the limericks in a book someday, but I'm not so sure about having a book titled "Kitty Limericks" with a pug on the cover. I will consider it, though. Happy New Year!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

It's too bad that you can't use a litterbox, Roxy. Stay safe and warm with all that snow!

Happy New Year!

Mickey's Musings said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!
I saw your Limmerick Roxy and just knew you would be so pleased :)
Mom wishes that since we got all this snow in December that we wouldn't get much more for the rest of the winter!Dream on Mom!
Snow is cold so I understand why you like to be indoors, it's warm inside :)
I am so very happy I got to meet you,Lucky and your family this past year! I hope all of you have a great 2008!

Purrs Mickey, Georgia & Tillie

Anonymous said...

I visited Karen Jo's blog to read about the babies and loved it! We have a request! We want more baby pics of Roxy and Lucky! That baby pic of Roxy melted our hearts, we forwarded it to everyone we know....she is like a tiny pot bellied pig! So fat, so cute, you could just eat her up! xoxox Happy New Year!

Daisy said...

Boy, that sure is a lot of snow! Happy New Year!

Ruby Bleu said...

WOW that's a lot of snow just like Daisy said. I'm glad I live in CA!!!

happy new year!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Jan Price said...

We read Karen Jo's limerick about you last night. She was sweet to do Lucky and you in a row.

We don't envy you all that snow. Makes us cold just to think about it.

jan's funny farm

Rick said...

Wow! That's a lot of snow - what is that 10ft?

A Happy New Year to you. Check out the give-away on my blog. I think that you'll be glad you did.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

The Cat Realm said...

Hahahah - last winter we had 12 hours of snow here in Tucson and cars stopped on the side to take pictures and everybody was excited!
But 12 hours of a little snow per year is all I could take I think.... So I am really sorry for you guys...
I hope January will be better.....
Karl

Lux said...

Oh my gosh! I hope your spring comes early ...

Happy New Year!

Michelle said...

I know you guys are sick of snow but it is supposed to snow here tonight and we are SO excited. We just want a little bit because we hardly ever get any!