Sunday, September 2, 2007

The story of us

Mom had two pugs before Lucky and me. She adopted them when they were five years old. The owner was an elderly lady who died unexpectedly. Their names were Muffie and Bridget. They had been together since they were eight weeks old. The animal control officer took care of them while the pug rescue people tried to find a home for them. They called my memere (my mom's mom) and she called my mom. My mom called my dad and asked him if she could have two pugs. He figured she was joking so he said "Sure". Three days later they were driving down to Connecticut to pick them up. Muffie and Bridget were in the car for five hours. When they got home Bridget basically hid under the coffee table she was so traumatized. This is one of mom's favorite pictures of Bridget. Mom says she was a fierce little thing.

Except she wasn't a "little" thing. The animal control officer basically ignored them and fed them. So when mom got them, Bridget looked like this. Thirty pounds of overweight pug. Auntie called her Jabba the pug! Bridget was so FAT she had to hurl herself up the stairs to sleep next to mom. She wouldn't leave mom's side of the bed all night. (Dad didn't want them sleeping on the bed. Don't worry, that didn't last.)

The only good thing was that Muffie and Bridget were together. They went everywhere mom went, even into the bathroom. And they went everywhere together. Mom was out of work at the time, and they didn't let her out of their sight.

They always slept touching each other, and they always washed each other's face. It was really sweet. Mom started them walking, and a year later Muffie ("The Muffie Dog" as Dad called her)and Bridget ("The Bridget Girl") had lost weight. Muffie had lost 9 pounds (she wasn't as fat as Bridget to start) and Bridget had lost 15 pounds. (Mom said she could have had a whole other pug with all the weight the two of them had lost.

These are two of mom's favorite pictures of Bridget.

Next, more pictures of a svelte looking Muffie and four years later, a baby boy arrives!

4 comments:

Mickey's Musings said...

Hi Roxy,that is a nice story about
Bridget & Muffie.Your Mom did a good job of putting the dogs on a diet! Bet they did not like that.
I'm glad toy liked the website and I am SO sorry for calling you "he".I knew you were a girly dog(maybe thats why I am "attracted" to you, or as much as a cat can be to a dog) I will blame that one on Mom hurrying me to finish so she could go away for the day.
I can't wait for the next part of the story.
Purrs Mickey

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Daisy said...

Hiya Roxy! You sure are a cute doggie. It's nice to meet you and your blonde sister Lucky. I am just a little bit scairt of some dogs, but you seem very nice. My "official" NOMSS friends are Bob and Patrick the goats, but I would like to be your friend, too. I am going to add you to my links so I can come back and visit.

ps: That playset looks very fun to play and climb on.

Milton said...

Hi Roxy!
Muffie and Bridget look like they were very nice woofies. It is always sad when a love one goes to the bridge. But it sounds like there was something -or- someone who was going help bring some happiness back ......
---Beezer
waiting for part 3