Monday, September 24, 2007

Walking

Mom slept late this morning. After eating, and doing my business, I jumped back in bed and slept by her side, keeping her company, until she finally got out of bed. It was a beautiful day so she decided to take us for a walk. The boy wanted to ride his scooter.


Mr. Karate gave him this scooter. The boy likes it a lot. Can you tell?

I like going for a walk, but I have to read my mail.

Lucky decided that she was going to walk herself. Mom thought it was pretty funny.



Then Lucky decided to play in the grass.



And I stopped to read my mail.

We stopped by a friend's house. Her name is Miss Judy. This is her new dog, Jesse. Here, Lucky is saying hello. Jesse is part daschund and part retriever or lab. Mom & Miss Judy hoped that the mom wasn't daschund.


Her Lucky is telling Jesse to be nice. We joined Jesse in the backyard and I chased Jesse and Jesse chase me until mom decided that it was time to go home. The boy wanted to walk Lucky, but she walks too slow for the scooter.


So I got to run along side the scooter with him.



It was fun. I like to run. But then mom wanted me back. She thought I might be tired after all my playing with Jesse. As if. And that is not the reason why I am conked out on the sofa as she is typing this now.

(You can click on the pictures to biggify)

7 comments:

Lux said...

That sounds like a really fun day!!!

Karen Jo said...

Both of you had a really great day. It must be really fun getting all that mail. I bet you enjoyed playing with Jesse. I wonder how a dachshund/retriever mix happened. Oh, well, I knew some puppies who were a beagle/St. Bernard mix and the mom was the beagle. Have a nice nap.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

It looks like you had a great walk! I bet you had fun playing with Jesse. :)

Mickey's Musings said...

Good to be having fun with your family and neighbours.Jesse looks cute.Bet you got some exercise playing with the Boy.
Conked out huh? Heehee! Have a great snooze.

Daisy said...

You two are much better at walking on a leash than I am!

The Furry Kids said...

You guys had a busy day. I'm glad you got to read your mail. Keeping up with current events is a very important part of taking a walk.

Titus

Team Tabby said...

Roxy, walking is a great way to spend a nice day. Did you read any interesting mail, guess the fun is in the checking. What fun you had playing chase with your new friend, Jesse. It was a good idea that the boy wanted to ride his new scooter, you all had fun.

Moe & Mindy