Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thursday Thirteen





For our Thursday Thirteen Lucky and I thought we would tell you thirteen things we are thankful for.

1) Lucky - I am thankful that mom and dad and the boy took me out of the cage and brought me into their house with a yard where I can run around to my heart's content.


2) Roxy - I am thankful that mom brought me home to be a sister to Lucky.


3) Lucky - That's not fair, I was going to say that I was thankful that mom brought you home so I had a playmate.


4) Roxy - I am thankful that mom loves taking me for walks, or jogs.


5) Lucky - I am thankful that I get to sleep on a nice warm bed with the boy, who loves me a whole lot.


6) Roxy - I am thankful that I get to sleep in bed with mom and dad, that it is warm in the winter and cool in the summer.


7) Lucky - I am thankful that mom doesn't send me to a kennel when she has to go away. I get to stay with memere and pepere and be loved just as much as I am with mom, dad, and the boy.


8) Roxy - I am thankful that mom understands I love broccoli and green beans and feeds me some, every now and then.


9) Lucky - I am thankful that mom understands if I can't walk as fast as Roxy.


10) Roxy - I am thankful that mom cares so much about me that she makes sure I don't get too fat (which is bad for my heart and back.)

11) Lucky - I am thankful that mom took me to the vet late at night when my knee was hurting and wouldn't let me be in pain (and that she knows that being overweight would be bad for my knee.)(And that she would never drop me off on a street corner when I no longer served a purpose for her, like this dog she read about in the newspaper.)


12) Roxy - I am thankful that mom understands that I am not always perfect, and doesn't throw me outside in a doghouse when I flip over the boy's birthday cake, eat some chicken out of the grocery bag, spread the garbage everywhere, eat her pens, pencils, erasers, the boy's gingerbread house...


13) Lucky - Okay, okay, we get the picture. I am thankful that I am with people who love me and pay attention to me all the time, not just when they feed me.


And since Roxy took mine about being her sister, I am also thankful that I got to know Muffie, and comfort her in the time after Bridget died.

8 comments:

Mickey's Musings said...

Those were excellent reasons to be thankful.Roxy,you are a handful,heehee(#12)
As for the little pug,#11, well someday his "owner"(abuser) will meet his maker and have some explaining to do.
Purrs to you and Lucky.
Mom is still laughing at #12

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

That is a wonderful list! Those are all great things to be thankful for. It is clear that you have humans who love you a lot and you love them too.

My mom is laughing at #12!

Daisy said...

Those are some very wonderful things you have to be thankful for!

The Meezers or Billy said...

aww you two is so sweet and mommy just wants to huggle bof of you!!

The Cat Realm said...

You sure have a lot of wonderful reasons to be lucky!!!! I am very happy for you.

Oscar said...

I loved reading about how thankful you are. It makes me thankful for what I have too. Sometimes, you just need to be reminded about the good things in life and why you should be thankful!

Team Tabby said...

You two gave lots of thought to your list of things to be thankful for. Great list. Yeah, our mom is also chuckling over #12.

Moe & Mindy

Milton said...

I'm thankful I got to meet you!
---Beezer