Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cold and First Lego League

It is getting colder here in NH. I don't like going outside in the cold.


PlusOne puts my coat on in the morning, so I stay warm, but I still don't like getting out of bed and going outside.


With PlusOne and mom at the First Lego League Competition, I hope to do more of this with dad. He may go watch for a while. But if I sit on him, he may not want to disturb me.

Nevis asked what First Lego League is. So here is an answer:

FIRST LEGO League (FLL) is a global program created to get kids excited about science and technology. Geared for ages 9-14 (up to 16 outside of the U.S. and Canada), FLL utilizes theme-based Challenges to engage kids in research, problem solving, and engineering. The cornerstones of the program are its Core Values, which emphasize contributions of others, friendly sportsmanship, learning, and community involvement.

The challenge this year is Global Warming. PlusOne has been doing a lot of research on it. He tells mom that bears in Northern Spain no longer hibernate in the winter. Mom was very surprised by that.

Mom will, no doubt, tell you all about it on Sunday, with photos and everything. Oh joy! Another day my blog is hijacked.

12 comments:

Jemima Jones Beck said...

I like your coat - it looks very warm does your sister have one as well?
When Mom was in Middle School she was in Mind Quest. It sounds similar to First Lego League. Hope that plus one is having fun!
Love,
Jemima Jones Beck

Archie and Melissa said...

how exciting!
i cannot wait to see what plusone creates. he is so cool!

xo
m & e

Unknown said...

What a stylish looking jacket. You wouldn't need it here, though! It's very pleasant outside and all the dogs are extra frisky because it's cool.

Unknown said...

Roxy we love that sweater. Is that the same one you were wearing in the picture on Melissa's blog? We really want it and would love to know where you got it from :)))

Daisy said...

I love your fancy sweater, Roxy!

The WriggleButts said...

We look forwards to pix! Stay warm, Roxy! Virus seems to have gotten a cold..

Kisses,
Bajas

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I love your sweater! At any rate, FLL sounds like a grand program and what a great thing to participate in.

Team Tabby said...

We shall look forward to hearing about FLL, sounds first rate. That sweater is lovely and warm looking. We got hit with two snowstorms since Wednesday night. It is time to dig out the sweaters!

Mindy, Moe, Bono

Eduardo said...

Oh Roxy you look gorgeous! My Mommy put a sweater on me this morn, I took it off though! I can't wait to hear about all the stuff Plusone does!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Paula said...

Roxy, you not alone. I really don't know of any puggy that loves going outin this cold weather. But if you got to you got to! Bandit, Paisley, and Smokey try to enjoy themselves out in it since I force the heinies out the door.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

NIce sweater, Roxy!

We wanna send you a Holiday Greeting 'cuz Mom made a card with US on it ... Please email at daisymaemausATcoxDOTnet with your snail mail if you'd like a card!

DMM

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

We have "Cosby Sweaters" like yours. Mom's sister says that is what are colorful sweaters from the 80's. Yours is more mordern we like it!