Saturday, December 8, 2007

My Miserable Day - Continued

Well, you all heard about my miserable day. And you all heard it was over. Except it wasn't. After mom posted last night, I was sitting in her lap and she noticed that her pants were wet. Right where my you know what is. So mom got worried and called the emergency hospital. They didn't seem too concerned so mom decided she would call our normal vet in the morning. She tried to make it so I couldn't get on the bed, and get the bed wet. But I am used to sleeping on the bed. And that's where I ended up.



And everything was hunky dory until mom rolled over into a puddle. At 1:35 am. So now, mom is not happy. The good news is mom has this mattress cover with a rubber backing on it, a really nice one. She learned her lesson with Muffie and Bridget. So mom knew the mattress was safe.

Well, at 1:35 am, mom just tossed a towel over it and went back to sleep. When she woke up, she asked the boy to take me and Lucky out and watch what color pee I had. Well, he told mom I had green pee. You can imagine her reaction to THAT!

When mom got to work, she called the vet. They had an opening for 2:00 pm. Then mom called memere, who called pepere, who agreed to take me to the vet.

When pepere got here, I led him a merry chase around the kitchen until he got a treat and cornered me in the bathroom. He got my harness on and off we went. I did not like going to the vet without mom. She keeps me safe. Pepere is okay, but he's not mom. The vet tried to make me pee, to check it out. I was NOT amused. The vet told mom (via pepere's cell phone) that chocolate is a diuretic, and can make you pee a lot. But, as it turns out, I do have an infection. So now I am on medicine, and I really think my miserable TWO days are over.

I've taken my medicine, covered in peanut butter, (YUM) I am sitting on mom's lap, and we are going to bed soon. Together. Doesn't get any better than that.

Thank you all for your concern. You are wonderful and supportive friends that mom and I are very happy to have.

14 comments:

DK & The Fluffies said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DK & The Fluffies said...

We are sure happy to know you are doing ok!

Mickey's Musings said...

Roxy,I am very sorry you were sick.I hope you are not too upset if I teased a bit.An infection is not fun,no wonder you felt so bad
:(
The meds should clear things up soon.Aren't you glad you have such a wonderful,understanding Mom!!!?
Have a good ,long snooze with your Mom :)
Purrs,Mickey

Millie said...

Roxy, tell your Mom that we have some "incontinence pads" here that we used when Jasmine had her pee problem. You can sleep on one of those on her bed.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh please feel better! I am ever so worried. See I just started to like you as my first dog friend, so you must be okay!!!!

G.

Daisy said...

Yikes, I never saw green pee before! Only green peas. I am glad you get to have your medicine in peanut butter, that sounds a little bit delicious. I hope you get all better soon.

Monty Q. Kat said...

Oh man, Roxy, don't do that again!

Tell your Mom that they make pull-up diapers that you can wear at night to keep things dry. Grandbean's had to use them with her pooches once in a while and she just snips a hole in the butt for the tail.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Poor you Roxy. :( Sorry to hear you had to go to the vet, but I'm glad you now have medication so that you'll get better. I'm sending lots of healing purrs your way.

Jan Price said...

Well, it sure is good your mom loves you! Peeing the human's bed is a definite no-no. We're glad she was understanding and knew you didn't do it deliberately.

You have Samaritan and Buddy drooling. They both LOVE peanut butter.

Take all your medicine and thank your mom for loving you so much.

Jan's Funny Farm

Milton said...

Roxy, Roxy, Roxy!

I hope you are starting to fee better. Green pee sounds bad indeed. An' all that baffin'... sheesh ... I'm glad that I don't eat stuff that is not in my bowl.

Hey! That is what you should remember! Only eat stuff that is in your bowl. Or the treats that the beans give ya from their hand. Never stuff they leaves on the counter, coz they eats some wacky junk.

Purrs for a fast recovery,
Yer Pal Beezer

Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said...

We hope you get over your infection soon. Pug hugs to you.

Four Pugz

Archie and Melissa said...

Oh Roxy! I am glad you have your medicine to make you better. Your momma takes such good care of you. Emmitt and I will keep checking in to see how you are feeling.
Have a good night sleep!
Melissa and Emmitt

DK & The Fluffies said...

We're still keeping you in our thoughts!

Lilly Lu, Iris and Maxwell Mufsa Millon said...

rocky this might sound nuts but Lilly Lu had some liver problems and they put her on some medison for dogs and cats wiff liver problms called Sam E and Milk Thissale


Mu shue