Monday, April 21, 2008

This Is More Like It

Ta Da!


Here is the finished Ham Meezer Quilt. It is flying off to Mary Kay today.


Naturally, I am checking it out. Mom was supposed to help Auntie tie it, but since Mr. Karate did that, mom didn't have to. Yeah.


So instead, mom worked on her quilt. Lucky kept a careful watch to make sure mom was not working too hard.



And mom decided she did not want to balance the checkbook, so she didn't. She worked on the quilt. She didn't rake, she didn't go food shopping (dad does), she did do laundry and change the sheets on the bed, but she just sort of relaxed. And worked on the quilt. See, Lucky is keeping careful track of all the pieces. Isn't she a good girl.


And then mom, dad and PlusOne watched Underdog. It was really cute. But seriously, a BEAGLE with super powers? It should have been a pug. We are much cuter. And much smarter.

14 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

That is a gorgeous quilt there! I am very impressed.

The Cat Realm said...

Oh wow - that is a very impressive quilt!!!
Mrs. OZ

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Yay! We're glad that your mom actually relaxed! :)

The quilt is beautiful! :) They did a fabulous job! :) Mary Kay is very lucky!

Mickey's Musings said...

WOW!! The quilt is great!!!! You are doing a super job inspecting it!!
Lucky is very good at keeping a watchful eye on your Mom. I am glad she is only doing what she wants,that's what vacations are for!!!!!
Purrs Mickey

Nevis said...

No...you're confused. That quilt is obviously supposed to go to me. Nevis. In Alabama. Email me for my address, since you're obviously confused...Were you trying to break boards with your head? Silly!

The Furry Kids said...

We love that quilt! I'm glad to see that it has the Roxy and Lucky seal of approval.

Love,
Tazo

Too Cute Pugs said...

We think that quilt is bee-yoo-tiful! We'd love to snuggle in it.

And yeah, beagles with super powers? How silly is that? Everybody knows puggies already have super powers.

Pug snorts from,
Pearl & Daisy

Frances Louise said...

Impressive job with that quilt! And looks like Lucky did an equally impressive job keeping track of the pieces.

I agree, Roxy, about beagles with superpowers . . . I mean, who made that story up? He was high on something . . . it definitely should be pugs with superpowers (we already have it in the looks department)!!!

DK & The Fluffies said...

The quilt looks fabulous! But could your mum and the auntie have smiled?

Sassy Kat said...

Nice quilt, I think it was hand made. How lucky you are that you have it to snuggle down with.
I need The Devil Dod to e mail me asap, please. Thanks.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

An' don't forget that ... PUGS ROCK! You'd be much better superheroines than some silly beagle.

Excellent job quilt-sittin' (an' quilt finishing). It's beautiful (we sure wish that we'd have won ... sniff).

DMM

Archie and Melissa said...

Oh Lucky you are such a good girl and Roxy, you are so lucky you get to see and touch that gorgeous quilt! I wish I won! :)
The new quilt is wonderful! I cannot wait to see it all done. Good for mom just having fun! It is vacation! Emmitt says he wishes he could have played with you guys this weekend! thank you fo rthe invitation!
XO
m & e

Lux said...

Lucky, that next to last picture of you is just ... well, let me say I have tears in my eyes. Of joy. :)

Kimo and Sabi said...

WOWY WOW! That quilt is amazing!