Monday, April 27, 2009

Another Hot One

I tell you, if I'd known that mom was gonna slack on her commenting now that she was on vacation, I would never have let her take one. I promise she'll be back to normal tomorrow, or I can guarantee you there'll be trouble.

I mean, she sort of had an excuse yesterday. It was so hot, she was getting a headache and was feeling really sort of yukky.

Until she realized that's how she feels in the heat of the summer. So she went down cellar (where it was like 20 degrees cooler) and started cleaning out stuff. And I do mean cleaning. She has two garbage bags full of stuff for the garbage men, plus a bunch of stuff that wouldn't fit in bags.

Lucky and I are not so silly as to complain about the heat. We sun bathed, relaxing as the warm sun baked our furs.

Meanwhile mom was feeling a lot better after a couple of hours cleaning in the cellar. Go figure!

13 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Staying cool is important. I don't know what is up with these humans--they can't do it because there is too much work and then sometimes because they AREN'T working--excuses excuses, I say.

Kimo and Sabi said...

Whut is it about beans and da Spring cleanin' thing?!

The WriggleButts said...

You tell your mom she can come here and clean, too, if she's in need of more cooling BOL!

Bajas

Karen Jo said...

Heat affects some people that way. Me, I'm like you and Lucky. Bring on the warmth! I am glad that your Mom got so much done. It probably made her feel much better.

Archie and Melissa said...

hi roxy!
oh it sounds like a great way to spend a warm day! your mom is so smart!

guess what... it is snowing here this morning!

:) m

Nevis said...

Love the last photo of Lucky looking somewhat grumpy...how cute is that little mug?

Kelly said...

I just caught up on your weekend! You two look fabulous sunbathing! My mom did some spring cleaning, too.

I am totally impressed that your Mom put that disposal in! She is so handy!!

Mickey's Musings said...

Hahahahahaha!!!!!! We do not complain about heat either,we love it!!! We had a super weekend,but not as warm as yours. Mom says we will even have a cooler week starting Wednesday :O
That's OK,Mom does not like it really hot either :) She would make a terrible cat! heehee
Purrs Mickey

Lois Lane/Laney said...

I'd be right there with you, supervising from the sunny spot on the floor.

Anonymous said...

Bol, your mom is funny! Hoomans are weird like that..my mom is the same way. Just thinking about cleaning makes her feel better.

Sniffs and licks,

Chase

meemsnyc said...

We had to scold our mom for slacking off about blogging lately. She said she was busy. Whatever!!

Chrissie said...

There's something slightly off about a woman who cleans to get rid of a heat induced headache. I get hot and headache-y jus' thinkin' about it! Lie down until the urge passes, mom! Lucky and Roxy have the right idea-bake until golden brown and a little poofy when you touch with a tip of your finger!

BTW-We've been lax about commentin', too. No vacation to blame-just busy! We've missed everydog and cat.

Anonymous said...

Staying cool is important.. maybe next time your mom should have some hot tea.. sounds silly but it helps to regulate your body temp.. or she should have lots of popsicles and iced tea! lol