Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tattle Tale Tuesday

I am a very good watchdog. Perhaps too good. Mr. Karate came home late Sunday night, and I barked at him. And barked at him. And barked at him until mom picked me up and told me to shush. But I knew she was pleased that I was protecting the house.


Mom says there are advantages to having a 3rd degree Black Belt living with you. I'm not so sure about that. He doesn't feed me any extra food, like dad. Or mom. Of course, when mom is having trouble with a technique, he is handy to have around.

Mr. Karate pities the poor partner mom is going to get Saturday when she does the technique "Capturing the Storm". It's an overhead club attack. After you block the attack, you capture their hands and put them in a wrist lock, cranking their arm up over your head and walking under their arm. Mr. Karate said mom did it VERY well. So well, in fact, that he said she could stop practicing it on him.

9 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I think you are a very good dog to keep barking like that. I don't know why humans always say hush when you are just doing your job...

Salinger The Pug said...

Good job Roxy! Protecting palaces is what being a Pug is all about.

Mom just loves that fact that YOUR mom (a sweet, pretty lady) is really a S#!TKICKER in disguise!

Your house is VERY well protected!!!

Love,
S-Dog

Kelly said...

Keep up the house-protection, Roxy! You and your mom are unstoppable!

Rosie said...

I think we should just sic your mom on any intruders.
The 3 hoomans in my house are testing on the 17th for their next belts. They are ready and should not have any problems advancing. YAHOO

Page said...

Maybe you and your mom should start a crime-fighting team?!? Sela is just like you...she barks at EVERYTHING! Only I'm a wuss, unlike your mom! LOL!

Frances Louise said...

Remind me not to mess around with your Mom! You are a good protector . . . who says pugs make bad guard dogs!

Mia said...

Way to protect the homestead Roxy!!! A good watchdog is always nice to have around!!

Lilo

Anonymous said...

Good job Roxy! I hope Mr Karate wasn't up partying too late :) lol
Gus is good for that too, it's always nice to know what time your roommates are coming home!

Yay, good for your mom!

dw said...

You are a great watchdog! I say it's you keeping the house safe and Mr. Karate just assists. :)