Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday Fifty, Auntie's Back & Stuck Again!

First, the AWESOME news. Auntie is Back. Back where she belongs. The mission was a huge success and mom took Auntie home, hugged her and then left so Auntie could get some sleep.

Second, I will STILL never learn. As you can see from the following videos, once I get ON the table, I don't get DOWN. Even when the chair is close. I need some of Daisy's jumping and landing skills.

That's Lucky in the background barking. (Please don't laugh too hard, Mickey.)

And lastly, Manicdote did this and thought that mom's answers would be fun to read. So mom did it. (She actually did it Sunday, just so you know.)

1. Do you like blue cheese? No.

2. Have you ever smoked a cigarette? No.

3. Do you own a gun? No.

4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? We do not have a Sonic here in New Hampster.

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? No.

6. Do you like hot-dogs? Yes.

7. Favorite Christmas Song? Jingle Bell Rock.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Smoothie. 1 cup yogurt, ½ banana, 1 kiwi, 1/2 peach, frozen raspberries.

9. Can you do push-ups? Twenty on my knees (I have a gimpy shoulder) I did forty last year for my black belt exam, then twinged the shoulder again. Working with weights to strengthen it. Again.

10. What’s your favorite meal? Rack of ribs at Longhorn’s and a cold glass of milk.

11. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My engagement ring, several pair of earrings, mother or pearl, sterling silver bracelet 1” wide.

12. Favorite hobby? Reading, quilting, home improvements. (karate is not a hobby)

13. Do you work with people who idolize you? No, but they all think I know everything and can fix anything.

14. Name a trait that you hate about yourself? I weigh too much. I'm not perfect. I really would like to be.

15. Name a trait that you like about yourself. I am loyal, I think a good listener and a good friend, and I will defend my family, friends and my beliefs to my dying breath.

16. Middle name? Bernadette

17. Name 3 thoughts at this moment: I don’t hate things about myself, I don’t like them, but not hate. I need to get lunch ready for tomorrow and I need to get to bed earlier.

18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday: Pork tenderloin, broccoli crowns, carrots and just so you don’t think I am miss perfect, Ben & Jerry’s Turtle Soup Ice Cream.

19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Skim milk, water and water.

20. Current worry right now? Who will win the upcoming election.

21. Current hate right now? W.

22. Favorite place to be? With my family or at the karate studio.

23. How did you bring in New Years? Nothing. Went to bed maybe a little later than usual.

24. Favorite place to go? Book store. Home Depot.Quilt Store. Karate Studio. Home.

25. Name three people who will complete this? No clue.

26. Whose answer do you want to read the most? Anyone who doesn't want to do it.

27. What color shirt are you wearing? Orange.

28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Never tried them.

29. Can you whistle? Yes.

30. Favorite color(s)? Red and then green.

31. Would you be a pirate? Sure. I always wanted to fence.

32. What songs do you sing in the shower? No one's.

33. Favorite girl’s name? ?? Angela ??

34. Favorite boy’s name? Jason.

35. What’s in your pocket right now? Medicated Chapstick.

36. Last thing that made you laugh? Monty's blog this last week.

37. Bed sheets as a child? Plain. Boring. Muslin.

38. Worst injury you've ever had? Breaking my wrist the first time? Smashing my knee into the metal edge of a cement step? Smashing my forehead into the coffee table at age four? Smacking my chin on the wheelie and needing stitches under my chin. Breaking that finger, that finger, that thumb, the other thumb, that wrist again? Going head over heels on my bicycle while going down the hill? Take your pick.

39. Do you love where you live? Yes.

40. How many tv’s are in your house? One.

41. Who is your loudest friend? My sister (who has a hearing problem.) Otherwise it would be me.

42. How many dogs do you have? 2 beautiful pugs.

43. Does someone have a crush on you? Yes.

45. What is your favorite book? To Kill A Mockingbird, Song Of Solomon, Watership Down.

46. What is your favorite candy? Sour Skittles. Ghiradella chocolate with caramel.

47. What is your favorite sports team? Couldn't care less about sports any more. Ray Bourque has a Stanley Cup ring so I am all set.

48. What song do you want played at your funeral? Never thought about it.

49. What were you doing at 12 AM last night? Sleeping.

50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning? What time is it? Oh good, I don’t have to get out of bed today, it’s Sunday.

Anyone who wants to play, go right ahead.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

But why get up if you can't get down?

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!! But she doesn't really look like a bad girl does she? lol That is very cute and sweet.. poor Roxy!

Lux said...

I am just so excited that I got to hear Lucky's voice!!!!! Hi Lucky!

Roxy, you need some stairs!

Nevis said...

Love your answers...wow, you've had a lot of bad injuries!!! I'm such a wuss for pain...I don't know how you stand it.

Eduardo said...

Roxy! What are you doing on the table? your mom gave some good answers! My Mom wants to know if you mind if she makes a pic of you since your called the devil dog? If you don't mind, just let me know! Mommy has a lot of time on her hands, and she thought it would be fun to make a pic that goes with your name!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Harry Pugalicious said...

Roxy, you silly pug. Why were you on the table? Were there treats up there? Did one of the cats lure you there and then go tell that you were on the table? Cats will do that, you know.

Page said...

Roxy, you crack me up!! Poor girl stranded on the table! ;) I loved reading your mom's answers to the 50 questions...I did it as well yesterday. Fun!

Daisy said...

Oh Roxy, I'll bet you could jump down if you tried real hard!

Eduardo said...

Alright Roxy, my mommy finished the pics! I pee-mailed them to you!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Karen Jo said...

I am so glad that Auntie got home and that your operation was a success. I wonder why it is that you are so reluctant to jump down on the same chair you jumped up on. Maybe looking down makes you think you will fall? I see your tail wagging right through all the talk of "bad girl" just as if you know she doesn't mean it. I enjoyed reading your Mom's answers. I am also way too fond of ice cream.

Brutus and Miley said...

You are such a bad girl! You are adorable!