Monday, October 27, 2008

Trick Or Treat Explained


The city where we live has Trick Or Treating on the Sunday before Halloween from 1:00 - 4:00 pm. Mom likes this, because dad can go trick or treating with PlusOne and Memere, and mom can stay home and give out candy. It is great for smaller children and their parents. Both mom and dad had trick or treating at night when they where growing up, but mom likes this as a family event.


It was also beautiful yesterday, sunny and in the high 60's. Mom sat out on a chair in the sun with Lucky and me until PlusOne took me with him. I got lots of compliments and Lucky got lots of petting. After I came back, I sat in mom's lap in the sun and really enjoyed it.

Because it was trick or treat, mom did almost no work on the back porch. She did prime the other side of all the shelves, but that was it. It was good of her to take a break. And read Brisingr. She should be done for the Book Review on Friday. Don't worry, she won't give away any spoilers.

Is this the life, or what?

15 comments:

Karen Jo said...

That is the life, all right! PlusOne looks really good in his costume. I think your way of Trick or Treating is a great idea.

Unknown said...

Thanks for explaining!! I was so worried this was a national decision or something and I'd missed it on C-SPAN, hahahaha. I really love handing out Halloween candy and I just didn't want to miss anything.

The WriggleButts said...

I like that trick or treating idea! And I love the helping pug-pics!

Ane

Archie and Melissa said...

what a wonderful weekend!
i am so glad you had fun, relaxed and had great weather!
xo
melissa

Nevis said...

Lucky & Roxy...you do indeed have 'the life'. In fact, I think all of our pugs have the life. They sleep all day, get lovely treats and wonderful parents that are obsessed with them. :)

Nevis said...

Lucky & Roxy...you do indeed have 'the life'. In fact, I think all of our pugs have the life. They sleep all day, get lovely treats and wonderful parents that are obsessed with them. :)

Puglette said...

What a great idea. I would be much less frightened of that ninja if he visited in the afternoon. I think that is a great way to spend a Sunday, curled up with a good book and a couple of good pugs.
Hugs,
Puglette
:o)

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Wow! Now that is fascinating.

Daisy said...

Do some kids still go out Trick or Treating on Halloween night?

Anonymous said...

That is a neat idea! PLus I love the costumes for Plusone and Mr Karate!!
I am part way into Brisinger.. it is good so far!

The Furry Kids said...

We like how your town has set hours for trick or treating.

Did you guys get any treats????

seriously amused said...

Love the costumes and what a great idea to have kids go trick or treating the Sunday afternoon before Halloween!!

I'm glad your Mom took a break to do some reading. Sounds like she lives a very busy life and doesn't get much time to relax.

Lux said...

You're right - it IS the life! :)

PlusOne looks cool!

Eduardo said...

Happy trick-or-treating! Life is great! If Plusone is a ninja, he is one cool ninja!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Anonymous said...

Do some kids still go out Trick or Treating on Halloween night?

They do in Chicago. Much better than having it on Sunday afternoon, IMO.