Monday, September 1, 2008

Clean Up Day

PlusOne was helping Dad outside. He manned the weed whacker.


Dad mowed the lawn. Mom edged the driveway and part of the sidewalk. She also helped PlusOne pick up stuff in the back yard. And she pulled down more sheet rock and insulation and put up more sheet rock and insulation. She also replaced a brown outlet with a white one. I won't tell you about the trip to Home Depot where she dropped the light bulbs right in front of the employee. They broke. Typical mom!

She also tackled her desk. Mom has an interesting way of cleaning her desk. Since she can't manage to get anything into the waste basket, if she misses, she leaves it there. Then she sits on the floor and decides what has to be shredded and what doesn't. Here is her before mess.


Here is the after.
You think maybe she would just move the waste basket closer?


Lucky and I did more of this today. Now I ask you, which of us is smarter?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

See - you need some buns. Buns would have cleaned that up for you.

Mickey's Musings said...

Hahahahaha!!! I think your Mom needs a bigger waste basket!!!!
Snoozing is the smart thing to do! We did that yesterday because we had thunder & lightening!!! I think it will rain most of the week :/
Purrs Mickey

Daisy said...

I think you and Lucky are the smart ones!

Archie and Melissa said...

what a great productive weekend you guys!
happy september!
:) m & e

Anonymous said...

Ahh yes clean up day. sigh. :p lol

I have done that kind of thing before, smashed something in front of the employee, they were really nice and didn't charge us for it either.

Spike William and Angels China Cat and Willow said...

I think that you and Lucky are the smarter ones - I did what you did too! My mom needs a wastebasket closer to her desk also but her office isn't cleaned and still looks like your mom's before picture!

Purrrrrrrrrrrs, China Cat

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Mom needs to do the sorting an' stuff that your momma did. The bedroom is a mess of clothes to hang, presents to wrap and box up, an' old paperwork to sort/shred. Your momma is much more productive.
DMM

Team Tabby said...

We like to do the same thing - nap, and watch the beans work, it IS the smart thing to do.

Mindy & Moe

Chrissie said...

You two are obviously smarter! But I see no pug belleh. None at all. I may go into withdrawal soon if I do not have my pug belleh fix!