Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

1) First off, thank you all for your concern about Lucky not sharing, and me looking so pitiful. Soon after that photo, I snuck in and grabbed the treat, as you can see by this photo. So although it pains me to say it, Lucky did share.


2) Mom sold a lap robe. She is all excited, and can't wait to get the sewing room finished so she can get to sewing on it. "Bright and lively rainbow colors" is what was requested. Somehow, I don't think mom will have a problem with that. It is going to be 4' x 5'. Pretty soon you will all see how it is coming.

3) If anyone is interested in mom making them a lap robe, you can email her at "roxythedevildog AT gmail DOT com. Mom figured that with the price of heating oil going up, up and up, that lap robes, (with a warm quilt batting inside) would be one way to stay toasty warm in the winter. It's also a great way to snuggle with your kitty, woofie, spouse or child! Lap robes are 100% cotton, with Quilter's Dream batting, machine washable and dry-able (and not just on cold!)

4) Mom also put up a link to her Devil Dog Designs blog, which is just going to be a showcase for her quilts and lap robes.

5) Mom is looking for some good books on teaching. Does anyone have any suggestions? Mom thinks she might talk to much and feels she needs to be a better communicator.

6) Mom has already told dad what she wants for Christmas. Make a note on your calender everyone, Hades has just frozen over. Mom actually said to dad "I want this!" Instead of "Oh, whatever" or "I don't need anything, don't spend any money on me." Dad was so surprised he told mom to email him her request.

7) Mom tore down all but one sheet of sheet rock on the back porch. She has to take all that insulation down and then re-insulate. Pretty soon she will have all that done, and only the last 2 sheets for the ceiling will need to be done.

8) I got an email a few weeks ago from Mike at Best Bully's. He wanted me to try his dog treats. So I said sure. He doesn't make them in Broccoli (which is a total bummer) but this is what they are described as:

They are a great, all natural choice for your dog. Our bully sticks are inspected and approved by USDA/FDA and national food inspection authorities. And they come from free range, grass fed bulls.

9) When we received them, I didn't even wait for mom to take a picture before I rushed off with the stick. Here I am enjoying it.


10) Lucky enjoyed hers. She had a little trouble with it to start, and she just walked away from it after a while. (I told you she was blonde!) Mom wasn't sure she liked the chewing aspect of it, but the next day, Lucky took it away from me (hey, she didn't want it, so I took it). After that, we took turns with it.
11) Lucky actually GROWLED at me when I tried to take her stick away from her. Can you imagine that? The nerve of her.

12) I didn't move for a couple of hours while I chewed my stick.


13) I liked it so much, I brought it into BED with me (but not under the covers) and chewed on it while mom tried to sleep. Ha Ha Ha. I guess that means we like them. Mom has two left on the counter. I am trying to figure out how to get up there. Leave a chair close to the counter, mom. Leave a chair close to the counter, mom. Leave a chair...

19 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh those are some lovely quilts your person has! What fun to look at.

Puglette said...

Roxy, can you jump to the counter from the table? The counter would be a good place to eat the chewy while you wait for someone to get you down.

Please stop by my new blog if you have a moment of free time, your mom is so busy she makes me exhausted just reading about all of her hard work!
Thank you,
Puglette

Millie said...

Roxy you are so funny. But I am VERY surprised to hear that Lucky actually GROWLED! WOW! She must really have liked that bully stick.

Mickey's Musings said...

Good to see your Mom is getting close to finishing her sewing room :)
It's also neat to see you and Lucky enjoying those treats so much!!!!
Purrs Mickey

seriously amused said...

Lucky growled? That must have been a huge surprise!!

By the way, I don't know how your mother manages to do all that she does. When does she fit in time to sleep?

J, The Divine Ms. P and The Princess Cinza

Unknown said...

Wow. Them bully sticks look delishush! I think my mommy got that email, too. Do you think you could talk Roxy into growlin at my mama since she didn't get me some?
your pal,
Howard Pee

Archie and Melissa said...

hahaha
emmitt love bully sticks too!
we love you lap quilts. how do we learn more about them?
melissa

Puddleglum said...

I need to get these stick things.

Go to the Bully site, Dad. Go to the Bully site.

I'll let you know if the telepathy works; give me advice on how to do it if yours works, please!

Monty Q. Kat said...

Maybe if I get the slobberhound one he'll leave me alone...

DESERT PUPS said...

Woof Roxy and Lucky

Those bully sticks look mighty tasty. And we can't believe that Lucky growled at you. Are you sure it was a growl? Maybe she just belched. Anyway, congratulations to your Mom for selling a robe, woo-woo!!! That's pawsome.
Hey we've nominated you for some awards so swing by when you get a chance.

Desert Pups
Pee-ess: Mom saw the Thinking Blogger Award on your blog and thought it said Drinking Blogger and ran into the kitchen to get a beer.

ZOOLATRY said...

Hi you Lucky Dog you... please visit us on Saturday (for our High Five Saturday)... it's all about pugs 'n mugs and you just might see someone familiar there...

Daisy said...

I am glad that you both got to share the comfy bed! Those bully sticks look a little bit delicious.

Clover said...

Hi Roxy!
I hope your mom leaves the chair so you can reach the bully sticks! But be careful!
Love Clover xo

Eduardo said...

Pretty Girl,
I hope your Mommy leaves the chair close to the table so you can enjoy those bully sticks! Eat one for me! My Mommy loves your Mommy's quilts and lap robes & was wondering about prices.
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Anonymous said...

Oh ew! Those things stink, I wouldn't them in my bed! lol
Gus and Indy just love them and I love the fact that they don't fall apart like rawhides and they are all natural. heehee
I am so happy your mom sold a lap quilt, that is wonderful!

The Furry Kids said...

You guys are just so cute. Congrats to your mom on the lap quilt. And I hope that she left a chair close to the counter for you today. :)

Unknown said...

The quilts are very beautiful ... I love the bright pinks! I am a some-time quilter too, but I haven't done anything for ages. You just might be inspiring me to get going again!

The Meezers or Billy said...

leave a chair close to the counter..... leave a chair close to the counter....... we cannot stop chanting this......... leave a chair close to the counter

Mike said...

I'm so glad you and Lucky liked those bully sticks! Wow, even into bed, huh? Good luck getting onto the counter! (And shhh don't tell your mom I said that...)