Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The story of us - Part Four

So, Miss Patty was going to have puppies! Not her, but her dog Miss Lizzie Woo Woo. Mom brought Lucky to visit Miss Patty and Miss Patty agreed Lucky needed a sister to keep her company and to help her be a playful dog. Finally, mom got the call. It was March 11th, and Miss Patty had puppies. But mom couldn't see them for a bit. Well, that didn't last. Two days later mom got to see the puppies. Now, mom had first pick of the female puppies, but they were all so cute. Dad didn't know if he wanted a fawn one, or a black one, so he took this picture and sent it to all his friends and family and asked what they thought.


The only problem was, I had already chosen mom. Mom was holding me, and I laid out in her hands just like you see me below and Miss Patty, looking over, said, "that's your dog!" Mom agreed. Now we just had to convince dad. Which was easier than we thought, because everyone thought it would be cool to have a black pug.


So Miss Patty painted my toenails red and I was mom and dad's, and the boy's. Mom and dad visited me a lot, and took lots of pictures. Of me sleeping.


Of me walking.


Of me sitting, and looking especially cute if I do say so myself.


Then, mom went away for a week with the boy, (dad had that job thing) and dad brought Lucky over every day to play with me. Miss Patty made sure we had special sister time together. Boy, did we have fun. Dad said when he picked Lucky up every day, she crawled into her bed and just collapsed.


Then came the day for me to finally go home! And of course, dad took pictures.



And more pictures. Doesn't the boy look happy? Oh yeah, they tried a more democratic naming system this time. Turned out Dad like Roxy (from Roxy Music) so mom and the boy, after naming Lucky, decided that that was a good name. I got the rest of my name "Dragon Pebbles" when I was in the newspaper several months later and the boy told the reporter that my full name was Roxy Dragon Pebbles. The boy loves dragons and he loves rocks. Go figure. But hey, it's special, like me.


I mean, come on, is that not a cute picture or what? I even tried to give Muffie lots of loving but I was a little rambunctious for Muffie. Still, Muffie liked watching Lucky and me have run around and have fun, and she was content.



Muffie lived with Lucky and me for six months before Mom took Muffie to the vet, and he said, "It's time." Mom had taken Muffie to the vet in the spring, because mom was awfully worried about her, but the vet told her that Muffie was not ready and old dogs always did better in the spring and summer. But this was late fall, going into winter, and Muffie was old and tired and missing Bridget more and more every day. Muffie went to the Rainbow Bridge that day. Mom cried, but not as hard as she had for Bridget, because she knew Bridget was waiting for Muffie at the top of the bridge. Mom knew Bridget had all the cool places scoped out and was waiting patiently to share them all with her sister. Lucky and I helped mom be not so sad, same with the boy, and now mom can think of both of them without getting all teary eyed.


So that's the story of us. What did you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful. What cutie pies you are!

Buddy

Daisy said...

Roxy, thanks for telling us the story of how you came to be. And now I understand. Your job was to go live with Muffie to make her last few months happy, and then to bring sunshine to your new family so they would not just think about the sadness of losing Muffie. That is why you were made to be so adorable. I am proud of you.

Mickey's Musings said...

First,I agree with what Daisy said.
Next, I'm reading this with Mom and she keeps goin' awwwwwwwwwwww,oooooooooooooooo, oh that is tooooo precious! So It took a while to get through.
But I must say, you were(are) one cute little girl!The pictures were so good ,but I like the one with Muffie the best.Your experssion is sayin' I'm lying next to my big sister Muffie,and keepin' her warm.
Thanks for sharing the story of you and all the pics. I was really fun.
PeeEss
Is your belly still pink?
Your Cat Friend,Mickey

Milton said...

Roxy, you and Lucky have great stories about finding your forever home! Isn't nice when you pick out where you want to live and the beans agree.
It was sad that Muffie and and Bridget had to go to the bridge, but they had a great life with your family.
---Beezer