Sunday, November 4, 2007

Home

My cousin Millie is homesick. I have to admit, when I heard that mom, dad and the boy were watching Doctor Doolittle, (the real one) and eating popcorn, I was really homesick.



I miss sleeping against mom's hip under the blankets, staying nice and warm. I miss lying in mom's lap while she types out my dictation. I miss lying in her lap on the sofa and recliner. And I even miss dad and the boy.

I know Lucky misses the boy. She sleeps with him every night you know, and she hasn't for over a week. Oh, she loves Luxor, but the boy is, well, her boy. She keeps him safe, she protects him from bad dreams and she loves him. And boy does he love her.

So, after we have finished visiting Kimo, Sabi, DK & the Fluffies, Tara, DaisyMae Maus and then brought our gang to wish Miss Peach well, and encourage her to eat more, I think we will head home. We are going to be very good at Miss Peach's. No wild parties or thundering herds of elephants. Just calm, quiet visits, maybe two at a time.

We have had sooooo much fun on this road trip. Miles took the bus for a spin again, around the racetrack a couple dozen times. Daisy, Lucky, Luxor and I watched from the infield. We weren't the only ones who decided to abstain from the pleasure of his race car driving. It was so much fun to watch him have so much fun. Though watching him go round and round made me dizzy. Monty tried to serenade Millie again, with the Kareoke machine. Lucky for us Sammy found the ear plugs and we just put them in and smiled big dog and cat smiles. Happy sap never noticed! hee hee.

It's getting late and I am getting tired. Thinking about popcorn, yum. And mom. And sleeping with mom. and being warm against mom's hip.... and the fact that it is pouring rain in New Hampster and cold and windy and nasty and I think Southern California is GREAT!

Let's get visiting! Broccoli anyone?

13 comments:

Kimo and Sabi said...

Petaluma road trip photos are up!

Lux said...

As much fun as Lucky & I (and the rest) have been having, I want the best for sweet Lucky and understand that her heart first belonged to the boy. He is probably missing her, too!

Then there are my beans. While I've been away, they've been up to no good. Someone has to keep them in line!

Daisy said...

This road trip has been soooo much fun, but I think it is time to head home now, too. Especially if Doctor Dolittle is on! Thanks for a wild ride.

The WriggleButts said...

Hi there, devil dog! We're so happy to meet you! We notice you're a true black pug and enjoy sleeping on the humans shoulder. Paws up!

We'd love for you to come visit us at http://wrigglebutts.blogspot.com - we love new friends!

Sneezes and butt-sniffs,
Bajas, Coco & Nimbus
the WriggleButts

The Meezers or Billy said...

we agree, we haf hadded a BLAST on this road trip, but after we visit Miss Peach, we is all in favor of going home. I haf missed my night time snuggle spot, and Miles has missed his windowsill kissies, and Mommy has missed us. right Mommy? RIGHT MOMMY? - Sammy

Anonymous said...

it was a umm.. not too scary to meet you!

Jan Price said...

We've been wondering how all you cats and dogs are paying for the double bus rental, gasoline, hot air balloon rides, meals on the town, etc.

Have your servants checked their credit cards for unusual activity lately? Because that's how we would pay for it if we could find where Jan hides her credit card.

Jan's Funny Farm residents

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

I'm sorry to hear that you and Lucky are feeling a little homesick, Roxy. I have been having a great time on this road trip, seeing many places in the U.S., and meeting a bunch of my friends. :)

Karen Jo said...

The road trip has been a lot of fun, but a week of being away from home is just about long enough. Are you going to drive back, or is everyone just going to teleport home?

Karen Jo said...

I forgot what I was going to say again. Thank you for voting for me. You can vote once a day (every 24 hours) until voting closes on the 8th.

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Hullo devil dawg,

we just wants tio tanks you fur da road trip. dis waz da mosteee fun we haz evefur had.

I yam sorry to hear dat your couzin isz sick, Hopin' dat she iz feeli' better soon.

LUV,
Dr Tweety

Frances Louise said...

What a great road trip you had! Going home is always nice.

Mickey's Musings said...

I agree,it has been a blast.I loved meeting all the cats and the two of you.I too,would like to see Mom and see how the place looks after the storm.
Mom posted a couple of pictures from the news.I'm glad we had no damage.Just some broken branches amd a few old trees broke off.
Purrs