Sunday, November 11, 2007

Working Saturday


This is how mom felt when she left work today. This is how she felt when the boss said he wished she "were going to be here tomorrow." This is how mom is still feeling. (I'm being really good.)

This is how mom's day went. She walked in the door and the boss yelled at her about the sold tags, and where were they? While mom was stammering out an answer, and being yelled at some more, she saw them right above the counter. The same time the bigger boss saw them.

When mom parked her car in the neighboring lot, the manager of that store told mom one of the car's was parked in the wrong spot. So mom told the employee that she had to move her car because she parked in the wrong spot. Well, said employee started arguing with mom and arguing with mom until mom was ready to do damage. Then said employee goes and tells the boss that yelled at mom the moment mom walked in about it. And he yells at mom some more. So mom had to tell HIM what the guy said. And of course, you know that took a few minutes. Mom wanted to do more damage.

Then, mom was on the credit card machine for an hour and a half straight and to keep all the people in line happy, mom was very cheerful and happy and commenting on this and that and that and this. (One of the ladies helping mom said people kept commenting to her about how cheerful and happy, and nice mom was.)

And the top boss kept running over and trying to press buttons on the credit card machine (to run another charge) while mom was ALREADY running a charge! And she kept saying "Shh!" and "Lower!" and things like that until mom was ready to say "You don't like the way I'm doing this, then do it yourself!" And yes, mom wanted to do some damage.

Finally, mom managed to get to her office and be alone and do paperwork, but she wasn't in such a giving mood when the boss told her about working Sunday.


Mom's gonna be gone tomorrow, like Monty, and I don't think I''ll be able to find her until well after the store's closed.

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow...You better treat your Mom really nice and bring her tea and cookies and give her a nice back massage and fluff her pillow tonight for her. She needs some TLC.

Our Mom looks just like your Mom when she's having a bad day too.

Love, Seadra and Zoe

Mickey's Musings said...

Wow!!!If you want,you can hide under the bed with me. Those are scary pictures.Mom is like that sometimes :(
I sure hope she has a better day today. You'll just have to give her some extra special snuggles when she comes home :)

Purrs

Karen Jo said...

I understand how your Mom feels. I work in a store, too, and the busy season is starting. Give your Mom some extra cuddles. My fun and games is that the management has decided that they need me to come in an hour earlier, but I still have as much work to do, with as little help, late in my shift, so I am just spending an hour more at work each day. I am working tomorrow, too.

Frances Louise said...

Tell your Mommy that we sympathize completely. Your Mommy has terrible bosses; and yet she is nice to her customers -- what a gem. Give her extra love tonight!

Daisy said...

That boss sounds mean! I do not blame your mom for feeling like Godzilla. She should not have to work, because weekends are for napping and having fun.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Oh, your poor mom! That boss sounds horrible. I hope things improve for your mom at work.

Jan Price said...

Oooooh, I would be reeeeeealy quiet and on my best behavior, if I were you. Sounds like your mom has good reason to act like an angry beast. Why don't you offer to share your dinner with her? Maybe that will make her feel better.

Jan's Funny Farm residents

Lux said...

You poor mom! I wish I could give her a hug,
Luxie

Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said...

Sorry to hear your mom had a bad day. The boss sounds like a heck of a person! We can come and pee on the boss if you want us to. Let us know.

Four Pugz

p.s. That was us that deleted the comment. Our personal assistant can't spell today!! LOL.